Thread: Lonely DL looking for friends in North Carolina.

Default Lonely DL looking for friends in North Carolina.

Well, I'm not so good at this, but I'll give it a try...

I'm living in the Winston-Salem area of North Carolina (been here for 3 years) and have absolutely no friends to spend any time with (heck, didn't have any back in Pennsylvania either).

I've been a DL ever since I was a preteen and saw (and sometimes helped) when my younger cousins were changed. I don't know why I like diapers, just that I do. It's not really a sexual thing for me, mainly I like them because of the convenience (not having to stop doing something just to go waste time on the toilet) factor, since I like to watch movies and play a lot of online and video games.

Probably some people will recognize my name from the forum on DailyDiapers where I have been kinda active for a few years (altho I've been a lot more active this year). I'm not gonna go into my history here since I've already posted it there many times...

I just wish I could find some people in my local area willing to give me a chance...

This is a pretty good site to make connections and friends, although it happens as a byproduct of getting in there and having people get to know you, just like life. I won't undervalue having some diaper-loving folks to talk to, but if you feel like you don't have any real friends, maybe you should focus more of your efforts in the real world. There are great people here, but we're no substitute for someone who you can go to a movie with or drive to the airport very early in the morning (whee!). Balance is key. Welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    This is a pretty good site to make connections and friends, although it happens as a byproduct of getting in there and having people get to know you, just like life. I won't undervalue having some diaper-loving folks to talk to, but if you feel like you don't have any real friends, maybe you should focus more of your efforts in the real world. There are great people here, but we're no substitute for someone who you can go to a movie with or drive to the airport very early in the morning (whee!). Balance is key. Welcome to the site
    Well, mainly it's that I don't get out of the house much except when I would go to work, so I never really had time to make any friends outside of work. I'm also a really shy person when I'm face-to-face with new people (I'm very talkative online cuz it's not face-to-face)...

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisEnterri View Post
    Well, mainly it's that I don't get out of the house much except when I would go to work, so I never really had time to make any friends outside of work. I'm also a really shy person when I'm face-to-face with new people (I'm very talkative online cuz it's not face-to-face)...
    Artemis, I know exactly what you mean, because I'm exactly like that too.

I have social anxiety, so I don't do well with making new friends on my own. Luckily, my sister and I are fairly close and I tend to make friends with all of her friends (I'm fine when someone I know is around with me).

Anyway, in your case, I would suggest hanging out on the site, and making friends with some of us. It can be great practice for in real life. And don't undervalue your work friends - they're just as much real life friends as anyone else is. Some of my best friends are people that I met at work / still work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Artemis, I know exactly what you mean, because I'm exactly like that too.

I have social anxiety, so I don't do well with making new friends on my own. Luckily, my sister and I are fairly close and I tend to make friends with all of her friends (I'm fine when someone I know is around with me).

Anyway, in your case, I would suggest hanging out on the site, and making friends with some of us. It can be great practice for in real life. And don't undervalue your work friends - they're just as much real life friends as anyone else is. Some of my best friends are people that I met at work / still work with.
    Well, I've always been afraid of my co-workers discovering my secrets (like my interests in wearing diapers or panties), so I never really got close to anybody I've ever worked with...

And in my last job, I was in a low-level management position reporting directly to the General Manager, so making friends with people in the building wasn't exactly an option (also didn't help that more than 70% of the main employees were ESL).

Right now tho, I'm unemployed (have been since the first week of January)... Other than walking up to some stranger on the street and saying "Hi, my name is ...." I don't have a clue how to try to make new friends.

I'm not a party-goer (doesn't help when you don't have anyone to actually invite you to a party), and I don't spend time at bars (I don't drink much except at special occasions - family events like weddings, or holiday gatherings).

Any other suggestions?

Mesmerale

Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisEnterri View Post
    Well, I've always been afraid of my co-workers discovering my secrets (like my interests in wearing diapers or panties), so I never really got close to anybody I've ever worked with...

And in my last job, I was in a low-level management position reporting directly to the General Manager, so making friends with people in the building wasn't exactly an option (also didn't help that more than 70% of the main employees were ESL).

Right now tho, I'm unemployed (have been since the first week of January)... Other than walking up to some stranger on the street and saying "Hi, my name is ...." I don't have a clue how to try to make new friends.

I'm not a party-goer (doesn't help when you don't have anyone to actually invite you to a party), and I don't spend time at bars (I don't drink much except at special occasions - family events like weddings, or holiday gatherings).

Any other suggestions?
    Well, one, I'm interested in the exact same things as you are, and I've never been found out. When you're at work, it's not very likely that the topic will come up, or that you'll do something to make it known. And once they're your friends, it's a simple matter of not telling them.

And I don't really go to parties either. But I think the focus should be on what you do like to do.

So, what do you enjoy doing as far as hobbies (or passions) go?

Quote Originally Posted by Mesmerale View Post
    Well, one, I'm interested in the exact same things as you are, and I've never been found out. When you're at work, it's not very likely that the topic will come up, or that you'll do something to make it known. And once they're your friends, it's a simple matter of not telling them.

And I don't really go to parties either. But I think the focus should be on what you do like to do.

So, what do you enjoy doing as far as hobbies (or passions) go?
    Passions?

Simple: computers and video games (single player or online multiplayer - even MMO's).

I also like the old-fashioned style of paper & dice role playing games (D&D, Shadowrun, Battletech/Mechwarrior).
    Last edited by ArtemisEnterri; 30-Sep-2009 at 17:29.