Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key Collecting?

Default Key Collecting?

Does anyone else here collect or use to collect keys? I was REALLY big on this when I was younger, just wondering if there are any out there that are like me.

I collect older keys. Not really active with it, but when I see one I try to get it.

I used to collect old keys, but I don't anymore. I still have them, and if I have a key that is not longer useful I will add it to the collection. I don't go out of my way trying to get old keys anymore though, it was more something I liked to do as a kid.

You sir are speaking my language. I had more keys than toys. So many different styles. It started out with keys, then I went into keys and locks. If there is a table at a flea market with a lot of old/rusty tools on the table, I will go over to look. I usually find some old keys/locks on the table as well. Since I have so many already, I usually pass on buying them, even if they are cheap unless something looks interesting or really old. I prefer car keys, but I have all kinds in my collection.

I love this old rack that I picked up at an old hardware store that was going out of business. Click the picture for the whole story on it.

Thanks for bringing that part of my memory back to me! I used to be obsessed with keys when I was young, though I never had a collection. I was only interested in old keys though, not modern ones. You know which kind I'm talking about

Yeah, just old ones, not modern. I did like vintage car keys. I still have this one from a 1950's Cadillac Eldorado and it is bad ass, it looks like something from the guilded age!

I collected car keys when I was a teen, I had hundreds and then I just lost interest and started collecting the cars they started, I have collected quite a few cars but just 4 or 5 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    I collected car keys when I was a teen, I had hundreds and then I just lost interest and started collecting the cars they started, I have collected quite a few cars but just 4 or 5 at a time.
    Haha, that is a wealthy mans collection

Never collected keys, but had a fascination for the design of antique box or rim-style lock keys.

http://chestofbooks.com/home-improve...ox-Lock-49.jpg

I've been wanting to install a set of ornate interior entryway doors in our house and add one of these, or similar, reproduction brass rim locks with the neat looking keys.

Ornate Solid Brass Rim Lock Set with White Porcelain Knobs | Signature Hardware

~Pramrider