Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changed Attends?

Lightbulb Changed Attends?

I don't know if I missed this discussion already or not, but has anyone else noticed that they changed the tapes on the size large Attends (the ones with the 6 tapes and waistband)?

I just opened a new bag and the tapes have a different Attends logo on them and they SUCK. They don't stick at all.

The tapes use to have Attends written in small blue print on them, but the new ones have it written large and swoopy in purple.

Boo, Attends....boo.

IDK what you're talking about, I bought some Attends today as well, and I consider them an under ratted diaper, I mean I really do like these things, as long as you are just peeing when you feel the urge to, an Attends will last you a long time. So, IMO I love my Attends.

Butterfly Mage

Attends has been steadily going downhill for years. In the 1990s they were at least twice as thick and twice as absorbant as they are now.

Yes they did. I bought a pack a couple weeks ago and they have blue lines on them. They definitely aren't as good as the previous tapes with the "Attends" name on them.

Cole

I totally know what you're talking about. Not only do the tapes suck, but I find them the material to be more coarse and not as babyish. I hate this a lot, because Attends have always been my favorite diaper.

They have just had a big revamp with the attends here in the UK. Our attends slips have one tape on each side. A big wide tape, and they have these blue velcro like squares that dig in your skin sometimes when the edges fold in. Anyway, they have now changed the name of this type to attends slip active. They have also bought out another varient of the slips called slip regular which have thankfully gone back to the original 4 tapes, 2 on each side of course.

Attends definitely used to be a lot better a long time ago. Back in the late '90's to early 2000's they were blue with two tapes per side, and the leak guards were amazing.

Attends has changed for the worse over the past few years. Fist they got rid of the "classic" 6 taped retail version and now they have discontinued most of the plastic backed lines... I'm pretty much done with them.

Butterfly Mage

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    Attends has changed for the worse over the past few years. Fist they got rid of the "classic" 6 taped retail version and now they have discontinued most of the plastic backed lines... I'm pretty much done with them.
    Ditto. They've also gotten reasonably expensive compared to how inferior they are compared to top-quality brands. For instance, a pack of 18 Attends costs $17.99 (about $1/ea). A package of Abena Extra costs $21.95 for a pack of 20 (about $1.10/ea). The Abenas hold about 3x more than the Attends can.