Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

My name is Jack (babyvamp) and I have to wear 24/7 from a spinal cord injury I suffered back in 2002 when I was blown off a roof. I landed on my back and was temporarily paralyzed from the waist down, they told me I would never walk again and I told them to get out of my room. The next few days were tough for me, thinking I'd be stuck in a chair for the rest of my life. The morning of the 4th day when they were going to put me in a halo harness while the nurses were cleaning me up my foot twitched. After a few months of pain and a few years of spinal taps I am walking pretty good with some pain and a shot bladder but hey I'm on my feet again. I wear Attends almost exclusively from size Youth up to a medium and they have to be plastic backed as the cloth ones cause irritation and seem to wick on me. I just turned 40 last weekend and I am 6'3" tall and weigh 144 pounds with a 29" waist. I hope all of you had a great summer and can't wait for it to get warm again here in Michigan.
    Take care,

Wow. Well firstly I'm somewhat sympathetic towards your past, but glad to hear you recovered to some degree.

Is there anything else you could tell us about yourself? Like your general kinda interests, like the music your into, if you're into gaming or what sort of hobbies you have? Always some good talking points - although we are an AB/DL/IC forum, we do like to talk about pretty much everything and anything =) So don't be shy about posting around the forum.

Oh, and welcome!

Welcome to ADISC. That introduction was inspirational and shows your openness into this community. Hope you can enjoy this site and further contribute to this site. Do you have any interests or hobbies?

Default Re: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
    I am sorry I didn't think about that at the time, I've been distracted for a while now trying to make ends meet. I enjoy a number of things when able to do them such as playing with my dog, cat, riding my motorcycle when it gets fixed again, spending time with friends and neighbors, working on cars, fixing my home when affordable(many repairs needed and not really enjoyable), sitting on the porch and relaxing after. Not sure what else you would like to know just ask and I will try to answer you.
    Thank you and take care,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coco Dec 2005 (13).JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House Pictures059.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-008F.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	House Pictures154.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	538   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVC-314S.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	539  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Pictures to sort 200_reduced.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	540  

Welcome to the site. My wife is starting to walk again after not being able because of a deep diabetic foot ulcer caused by Charcot Foot. She was in a wheel chair/electric scooter for 4 years. I understand your fear!

I hope you enjoy the site.

Hi Jack
    Welcome to the site have fun and post and get in the chat and you make lots of new friends here.