Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lying

Default Lying

the is often the the thred about lieing to your pairents to get diapers for a problem that doesent exist, and i do agree to the exstent that it will buy you into a lot more than you want. however lieing is ower natural defence systems to stop information/ correct information getting to undesired people. also people mention the little wite lie that is intended not to "hurt the feelings" of a caired other, and although it is sead that lies are the root of all evil could of we had developed as a race so far without this philisophical tool?

Quote Originally Posted by nyah View Post
    the is often the the thred about lieing to your pairents to get diapers for a problem that doesent exist, and i do agree to the exstent that it will buy you into a lot more than you want. however lieing is ower natural defence systems to stop information/ correct information getting to undesired people. also people mention the little wite lie that is intended not to "hurt the feelings" of a caired other, and although it is sead that lies are the root of all evil could of we had developed as a race so far without this philisophical tool?
    "There is often the thread about lying to your parents to get diapers for a problem that doesn't exist, and I do agree to the extent that it will buy you into a lot more than you want. However, lying is our natural defense system to stop/correct information getting to undesired people. Also, people mention the little white lie that is intended not to hurt the feelings of a loved one, and although it is said that lies are the root of all evil, could we have developed as a race without this psychological tool?"

I fixed it to the best of my ability.

You might want to install a spell checker for your web browser, it could help you immensely.

And to answer your question, I'm honestly not sure. As far as technological advances, why not?
    Last edited by LittleMonster; 25-Sep-2009 at 00:06. Reason: answering the question, haha.

We're not saying that lying is the worst thing you can do and if you ever find yourself lying you are committing Treason. >.>

We're saying that lying to get diapers is a stupid idea.

Butterfly Mage

Besides, lying about having a bladder control problem is unlikely to get your parents to buy you diapers. First, they'll take you to a pediatrician and then to a pediatric urologist. Then the doctors will have you try a variety of different medications -- assuming they don't sniff out that nothing's actually wrong with you. It's just something that's not going to work the way you think it will.

Besides, lying generates lousy karma and reduces the power of your word-bond.

ok id like to say in know my spelling sucks. i have dislexia and a diacnosis to proove it. never the less this isnt the issue thats being dicussed here.

ok id like to say in know my spelling sucks. i have dislexia and a diacnosis to proove it. never the less this isnt the issue thats being dicussed here.
    I was just saying that you should get a spell checker for your web browser. It would help us understand you better.

If you use Firefox as your web browser, it has a built in spell checker. Just right click on the words in red. My spelling is terrible, but Firefox makes me look like a good speller. Please don't be offended by my advise. Someone helped me with the same advise.

As for lying, sometimes it's necessary. It makes more sense to lie, rather than hurt someone's feelings. Anyone who is married has learn to say to their wife, "No honey. That doesn't make you ass look big!" Often we lie to get our way, or something that we want. It's probably wrong, but I've done it. I think my wife must laugh, because she knows me all too well. "Yes honey. I need this new bike because the old one makes my neck hurt." Well,actually it did, and I can ride a lot farther on my new bike. But let's face it, we manipulate the truth from time to time, with data that we choose to believe as facts, but others might debate its legitimacy.

You don't understand the internet it seems. Until you improve your spelling and what not this is all that's going to be really talked about in your threads since we can't understand you clearly enough. Yes it does suck but we aren't trying to be rude about it.

Like others said, invest time in a spell checker.

Mesmerale

1. 95 times out of 100, it's going to get you into more trouble than it will get you diapers.
    2. Lying is not a natural defense system. As humans developed over time, liars were ostracized out of their groups. Those who lied were a risk, since they were able to manipulate a situation, or those around them, in a way that would allow them to gain without equal repayment. One of the most basic tacit rules of early society was the concept of equal exchange. When a person went out of their way to help another, there was the tacit expectation that, one day, that person would return the favor. Those who lied were able to say that they would return the favor, and then not do it. Over the course of our evolution, we've allowed it to become ingrained into our society, and are now hard-pressed to get rid of it. TL;DR - Lying is not a natural defense system, it is an undesirable characteristic that we've allowed into our society, and are now unable to rid ourselves of.
    3. It is said that lying is the root of all evil because the concept of deceit can be traced to most immoral acts (e.g, deceit of another, deceit of oneself).
    4. In most cases, the "little white lies" are only accepted because no one ever finds out that they are lies. If you were to take a survey, the majority of the population would say that they'd rather be told the truth.
    5. Yes, our race would have developed just as far, if not farther, had we completely omitted the concept of lying from our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Besides, lying about having a bladder control problem is unlikely to get your parents to buy you diapers. First, they'll take you to a pediatrician and then to a pediatric urologist. Then the doctors will have you try a variety of different medications -- assuming they don't sniff out that nothing's actually wrong with you. It's just something that's not going to work the way you think it will.

Besides, lying generates lousy karma and reduces the power of your word-bond.
    This is a serious question, manifested by true curiosity: What's a word-bond?

• No one is trying to inform you about how bad your spelling is. All the people here have tried to do is suggest that you install a spell-checking program into your web browser, so that it can correct your mistakes for you.
    • I'm not making light of your diagnosis, and I understand how deeply dyslexia can effect a person, but you are not the first person on ADISC to have dyslexia, and all of those other people have taken the steps to maximize the accuracy of their spelling and grammar, to more easily make themselves understood in the community. This is something that you could easily do as well. There are many people here who would be willing to help you, if you would like help.

Butterfly Mage

Mesmerele: A word-bond is basically the power of your spoken word. In Wicca, a lot of magical rites are punctuated with "By my will so mote it be" or "thrice spoken, so fulfilled", ect, etc. So for one's spoken word to have power you have to make it a lifestyle of telling the truth.