Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to get a pack of tena slip maxi's

Default Going to get a pack of tena slip maxi's

So yeah, as I'm running low on diapers (just three left =/) I decided it was time to get some new ones.
    It's kinda hard for me to get diapers in my current situation. I work 40 hours a week so I dont have a lot of moments to go get diapers and sneak them into the house without anyone seeing me.
    So I'm going to use the 'dentist excuse' at work so I go home early-ish on either a monday or thursday (as those are the days my moms working).
    I ordered a pack of tena slip maxi's at the pharmacy which is close to where I work so I can pick them up in one go.

I just wish I had a lil more alone time so it wouldn't take so much planning to get myself some diapers =/
    This will be my second pack so I think I'm going to be really nervous again lol.

Anyway, I should be getting them next week, just have to hope my brothers not home and all should be fine...

Elli

I've heard good things about those nappies. I'm glad there will be a quality reward at the end of your efforts. I recently bought Tena Slip nappies at an 'Independant Living' shop, for the second time at that particular shop, and I was a little nervous too.

I think it's tough to lie to your workplace, but then at 40hrs a week, you really are working hard and I can't think of a better idea, other than buying a couple of packs when you eventually get the chance. Sounds like you thought about it very thoroughly though. I hope your mission goes smoothly!

Nicely done. I have been considering the pharmacy thing for a while now. It's not that I'm scared to do it, I'm just too cheap to spend money like that, so I resort to the cheaper.....Depends. =\

I would not lie at my current workplace to get diapers. Can't you just say you want to leave a bit early because of "personal reasons"? You don't have to tell them what you are about to do and you don't have to lie to get what you want that way. Using the term "personal reasons" is usually enough to get them not to ask further questions, too

Good job.

What are the common Dutch diaper brands, if you don't mind me asking in your thread?

Tena Slip are prob. the third most commonly available nappy here after Depends and Molicare Mobile... and yet, there's all these threads about having to order them in special or make a special trip for them

And I only ask because I just might be going to The Netherlands soon

Good luck.
    Thank you

Nicely done. I have been considering the pharmacy thing for a while now. It's not that I'm scared to do it, I'm just too cheap to spend money like that, so I resort to the cheaper.....Depends. =\
    The only place you can get (adult) diapers in the Netherlands is at a pharmacy so I figured if I'm going to order at a pharmacy I might as well go for the good stuff =p

I would not lie at my current workplace to get diapers. Can't you just say you want to leave a bit early because of "personal reasons"? You don't have to tell them what you are about to do and you don't have to lie to get what you want that way. Using the term "personal reasons" is usually enough to get them not to ask further questions
    I guess I could have done that but I already told them I have an appointment @ dentist =p

@z66r2v:
    As I stated above, you can only get adult diapers at a pharmacy in the Netherlands (well or order online). The upside is that you can pretty much ask them to order anything for you. Have to take into account that it can take them a few days to get the goods so plan ahead =p

Anyways,
    I had a confirmation mail today, the diapers are waiting, I'll be picking em up on monday

Quote Originally Posted by diapersocal View Post
    Yet, when you think of how crappy depends are for about $1/diaper...and how much better the quality stuff is at $2/diaper...the latter are a far better deal. They're definitely more than twice as good for only twice the cost.

Try it and you'll be convinced

edit: This is a spot where quality really really beats quantity. Don't think in terms of $/diaper...think in terms of quality/$

I regularly use the Tena Slip Maxi range and find them to be very good... You wont be dissapointed...

Good Luck

There's a new diape,r by Tena; The Tena Slip Ultimate. These are cloth backed, unlike the other Tena Slips (Plus, Super, Maxi), which are plastic backed.
    I haven't tried the Ultima yet, but I'm very satisfied with the Maxi, which can hold a lot. Also, I like the plastic backing