Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diapers and Stress Revisited

Default Diapers and Stress Revisited

Due to certain circumstances I have not slept diapered for a week and a half. My co-workers sayI’m “bitchey”, “grumpy” and “need to get laid”. I guess I have been a little less relaxed lately.
    Anyone else noticed this?

Zeit

I can't say it's the same for me but I have been sleeping padded more often lately. On the nights that I don't, I don't seem to notice any problems aside from the regular old stress manifestations of being a starving student.

I know I've gone for stretches of time, weeks and months where I haven't gone to sleep padded and I still didn't notice much aside from the norm. Is something else on your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeit View Post
    I don't seem to notice any problems aside from the regular old stress manifestations of being a starving student.
    Bring Tupperware containers with you when you eat. That way, you can avoid the 11:PM calls for Chinese food and Pizza.

One time I walked out of there with an entire pie.

If I go long periods of time without being "babied out" when I sleep I tend to be a lot more stressed throughout the day. I also noticed that I don't feel nearly as well rested and will usually end up taking a nap in the middle of the day.

Much of this is due to a sensory processing issue. I have been trying to get you folks to listen to that point since I started coming here. It has to do with pressure, heat, and the extraction of moisture (keeping the skin dry). If you feel cold and clammy, and you are sensitive to ANY variation in fabric texture (the seams typical on mens underwear, for example), then it will definitely impact your mood and ability to function in a social setting during the day. This is an issue I have been trying to address all along, because a sensory processing issue is NOT THE SAME AS A FETISH.

Sorry folks, but if you have a need for these, ADMIT it and then get on with your life. You have a legitimate RIGHT to keep yourself comfortable, whatever the means. Good luck.

Honeywell6180

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    Much of this is due to a sensory processing issue. I have been trying to get you folks to listen to that point since I started coming here. It has to do with pressure, heat, and the extraction of moisture (keeping the skin dry). If you feel cold and clammy, and you are sensitive to ANY variation in fabric texture (the seams typical on mens underwear, for example), then it will definitely impact your mood and ability to function in a social setting during the day. This is an issue I have been trying to address all along, because a sensory processing issue is NOT THE SAME AS A FETISH.

Sorry folks, but if you have a need for these, ADMIT it and then get on with your life. You have a legitimate RIGHT to keep yourself comfortable, whatever the means. Good luck.

Honeywell6180
    While I won't deny this could be involved or even significant to people, you're sounding awfully sure of a cause for people that I doubt you know much about. And if we're not listening to you about your explanation, perhaps it's because it represents a fairly small group of the people present? I honestly have no idea, but this is the first post of yours I recall reading about it. Maybe make a thread dealing specifically with that topic and see if anyone else recognizes what you're talking about?

To the OP's question: I don't really recall it hitting me that way. I've gone years without way back when without any effects that I can recall and for varying periods more recently. It's really all in my head. The objects are nice to have but not absolutely essential.

Nam, Are you going completely 'cold-turkey', or are you just not wearing diapers to bed ? Try to set aside at least a couple of hours each day when you can be diapered, it may help you to be a little more relaxed and less 'bitchy'. Then again, the irritability you are feeling may not be directly related to the amount of time you spend in diapers, but rather, not being able to do what you want to do ( i.e. sleeping in diapers ). Good luck.

Many interesting replies here, Thanks All! This morning as a joke one of my co-workers kept switching my air-conditioning to heat and I totally lost it. The thermostat is in a million pieces and the AC/Common leads twisted together. More work for me, as I’m the one who has to order and install a new one. I’m running a fever and battling the flu that’s going around tonight, that probably has the most to do with it. At work were on a wage freeze, zero overtime, my only assistant has been let go, major equipment failures are at an all time high and the owners are on my ass as to why repairs are taking so long. I just put in 96000lb of topsoil at my house and attempting to grade and seed it before the season is over. I’m working a second job, also a maintenance position to cover my mortgage payments. I’ve a half dozen mowers, tractors and chainsaws in the garage people are waiting for me to fix and return. My parents sent an email, they will be stopping by sometime this fall. EH? like WHEN? AND! There is this young girl… Young to me, she’s 24, half my age. She is the first to have an interest in me in some time and it looks good but… I showed her a bunch of pics from my past in my cellphone including one of a girl friend in a diaper. She was disgusted by it. So I’m trying two weeks no diapers cold turkey.
    OK I ranted and you read it.
    I feel a bit better for having written it out.
    Thanks !

Nam

I was going to say, yeah, sometimes I feel down when I'm not wearing, but you have a lot more negative things going down, so I think anyone would be feeling either down, or at the very least, grumpy. I too work two jobs, and it's getting to me, the worst part being that I'm always tired. I would so love to be able to sleep late in the morning.

Since one has to pay the bills, I suspect your work load is not going to change, so if wearing diapers would make you feel a little bit better....what are you waiting for. In the meantime, I hope your cold and flu improves quickly. Having a cold always makes me feel like crap!

Quote Originally Posted by Nam Repaid View Post
    AND! There is this young girl… Young to me, she’s 24, half my age. She is the first to have an interest in me in some time and it looks good but… I showed her a bunch of pics from my past in my cellphone including one of a girl friend in a diaper. She was disgusted by it. So I’m trying two weeks no diapers cold turkey.
    OK I ranted and you read it.
    I feel a bit better for having written it out.
    Thanks !

Nam
    Why did you show her pics of your GF in diapers? That is something you should save to tell someone after you have known them, and built up trust. I say this coming from my own experience of telling a guy on the first date, he was OK with it; but it may have contributed to my staying in a 4 year long, abusive relationship. Basically I didn't want him to tell others, and he kept telling me that no one would/could ever love me, I knew it was a lie, but at some level it stuck (because I stuck with him for 4 years).

Anyways, I'd introspect as to your reasons for "quitting" cold turkey on diapers. Why are you? Are you doing it for yourself? For this girl?