Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Rock Band and Guitar Hero compatable?

Default Are Rock Band and Guitar Hero compatable?

I've seen some articles that say you can play Rock band with a Guitar Hero guitar and vice versa is this true? If not, Should Rock Band and Guitar Hero be compadable?

I think they should; Rock Band and Guitar Hero were both owned by Harmonix until Nevefsoft took over Guitar Hero in 2007. I think it comes down to how much would it cost to make them compatable and how much would be made off it.

From the customers point of view, they should be. It lets you switch easily between games and doesn't lock you in based on what accesories you and your friends have.

From the companies point of view, they shouldn't, for the exact same reason.

I don't have either of them, but I'm guessing they're not, for that reason.

Edit: After a quick google it appears the answer is sometimes. This page has details http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2008/11/official-guitar/ but it's not completely up to date.

Edit 2: There is also this help article for Guitar Hero 5: http://guitarhero.custhelp.com/cgi-b...i=&p_topview=1

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    I've seen some articles that say you can play Rock band with a Guitar Hero guitar and vice versa is this true? If not, Should Rock Band and Guitar Hero be compadable?
    They are compatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_lupine06 View Post
    They are Not
    Yes they are!

They are Not
    Well my friends play all the time with GH guitars for RB and vice-versa.

They are Not
    I'm never talking to you again!

I tried to use my RB stuff on GH Metalicca and it would not work, it does would with GH1,2,3 tho .

Well you're unlucky, then.

Quote Originally Posted by That Link That He Just Posted Click Click
    Instrument compatibility
    Question

What instruments are compatible with this game?
    Answer

Guitar Hero 5 is currently compatible with all previous Guitar Hero guitars.

Guitar Hero 5 is also compatible with all Rock Band guitars.

Guitar Hero 5 is compatible with all Guitar Hero drum sets and the Rock Band drums sets.

Guitar Hero 5 will also work with the Rock Revolutions drum set

Guitar Hero 5 is compatible with the Guitar Hero and Rock Band microphones (Logitech Microphones).
    Maybe the separate games don't work. I'll have to try it with this bargain bin GH: Aerosmith game I got.

I just want a package that comes with a guitar and drum kit. Screw bass and singing. It's lead guitar and drummer that freaking rocks!

I tried to use my RB stuff on GH Metalicca and it would not work, it does would with GH1,2,3 tho .
    It's the exact opposite

GH 1, 2, and 3 are only compatable with GH controllers

for guitar hero aerosmith (on 360 only for Aerosmith, not on PS3) and onwards, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony cracked down and made Activison allow Rock Band controllers to work

all versions of Rock Band (excluding the PSP version, no peripherals, duh) are compatable with guitar hero controllers

here's a good compatibility matrix

Mako

Here's harmonix's guide

It's dependant upon the console you have. But the big problem was that activision were being douchebags and wanted harmonix/ea to pay to have the guitars compatible. There's been crackdown by the console makers so they are for the most part compatible.

<edit> beaten to that particular list, so i'll link harmonix's official one instead :P

Well I have the guitar that came with GH: Aerosmith and I can play GH3 fine, should I try it with Rock Band?