Thread: Lower Ab work outs?

xdeadx

Default Lower Ab work outs?

Does anyone know any good lower ab work outs (that can be done inside at night) that actually work that part well? Cause I got my own ab work out but I completely forgot what I used to do for lower abs.

I'm trying to get back into shape and I need a lower ab work out that I can do before bed along with all my other stuff x3

It took me about 30 seconds to realize that you weren't talking about a workout for AB (however that would work).

Well, I think that sit-ups and crunches do the trick well. You can stretch your lower back and abdominal area, before and after, by assuming a push-up position (locked arms supporting your upper body, stomach down) and bending your spine towards the ground.

Or were you thinking besides these?

I do a bunch of types of crunches before bed, and my lower abs have never really developed. In conclusion, crunches work better for uper abs. I have no idea what would work for lower abs.

Sit-ups and crunches are definitely the way to go. You can also do cross-body sit-ups (where you raise up, angle to one side, and touch the opposite elbow to the opposite knee), which might help stretch and utilize some of those muscles you wouldn't otherwise know exists!

One of the most important thing is not just what you're doing, but the frequency, repetition, and gradual increase. Start with say, ten sit-ups a night. By that time next week, do fifteen sit-ups a night. By that time next week, be doing twenty, so-on, so-forth. Also, make sure you're not losing a single night doing them (or if you do, do them every other night to prevent pain from the muscles being newly worked out). The trick isn't how many you do in one sitting; it's how well you do them over a longer period of time so the body can begin breaking down that old stuff and working up new muscle.

Just remember if your heavy or have a roll of fat over your abs you will not see development, your abs will be improving but you can't really see anything.

Ab-cycles: 4 count exercise. start on your back,legs out at 6 inches off the floor. 1 pull your left knee in while crunching down and touch right elbow to left knee. 2 reset. 3 pull right knee in while crunching down and touch left elbow to right knee. 4 reset. you should be making a bicycling like motion while doing this.

Alternating Y's: 4 count exercise, also on your back. legs up and out at about a 30 degree angle (from vertical). 1 left hand touches right foot (with a crunching motion, shoulder blades should come off the deck) 2 reset 3 right hand to left foot 4 reset.

Flutter Kicks: on your back, place your hands under your lower back, palm down just above the buttocks. feet start out at 6. then just alternate kicking one and then the other up as far as you can. do not bend your knees.

After doing these, you may want to do a lizard stretch so your lower body doesn't turn into one painful cramp. (lizard stretch: start at the down part of a push up, then push your upper body up while leaving your thighs on the deck).

Lower abs. Anything with your legs off the ground. Leg raises would be the easiest. I do mine super slow, to get the most out of them.

Crunches, I find, do shit all for lower abs.

xdeadx

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    It took me about 30 seconds to realize that you weren't talking about a workout for AB (however that would work).

Well, I think that sit-ups and crunches do the trick well. You can stretch your lower back and abdominal area, before and after, by assuming a push-up position (locked arms supporting your upper body, stomach down) and bending your spine towards the ground.

Or were you thinking besides these?

Besides those, because the main crunches that I do target the upper and side parts of my abs. And the Cobra position stretch is what I always do. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Sit-ups and crunches are definitely the way to go. You can also do cross-body sit-ups (where you raise up, angle to one side, and touch the opposite elbow to the opposite knee), which might help stretch and utilize some of those muscles you wouldn't otherwise know exists!

One of the most important thing is not just what you're doing, but the frequency, repetition, and gradual increase. Start with say, ten sit-ups a night. By that time next week, do fifteen sit-ups a night. By that time next week, be doing twenty, so-on, so-forth. Also, make sure you're not losing a single night doing them (or if you do, do them every other night to prevent pain from the muscles being newly worked out). The trick isn't how many you do in one sitting; it's how well you do them over a longer period of time so the body can begin breaking down that old stuff and working up new muscle.
    This is what I do for the sides. It works great but I'm looking for lower abs stuff :3 and my set reps atm are 2 sets of 25, and I'm going to increase a set every week. IT's what I did last time and had some pretty good results.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Just remember if your heavy or have a roll of fat over your abs you will not see development, your abs will be improving but you can't really see anything.
    I don't, but thanks anyways :3

Quote Originally Posted by dcviper View Post
    Ab-cycles: 4 count exercise. start on your back,legs out at 6 inches off the floor. 1 pull your left knee in while crunching down and touch right elbow to left knee. 2 reset. 3 pull right knee in while crunching down and touch left elbow to right knee. 4 reset. you should be making a bicycling like motion while doing this.

Alternating Y's: 4 count exercise, also on your back. legs up and out at about a 30 degree angle (from vertical). 1 left hand touches right foot (with a crunching motion, shoulder blades should come off the deck) 2 reset 3 right hand to left foot 4 reset.

Flutter Kicks: on your back, place your hands under your lower back, palm down just above the buttocks. feet start out at 6. then just alternate kicking one and then the other up as far as you can. do not bend your knees.

After doing these, you may want to do a lizard stretch so your lower body doesn't turn into one painful cramp. (lizard stretch: start at the down part of a push up, then push your upper body up while leaving your thighs on the deck).
    Thank you very much :3

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    Lower abs. Anything with your legs off the ground. Leg raises would be the easiest. I do mine super slow, to get the most out of them.

Crunches, I find, do shit all for lower abs.
    Danke ^~^