Thread: Oh hey

Default Oh hey

Hey all, I'm a 19 year old DL and am currently a second year university student studying computer programming and the like. I discovered my DL tendencies when I was 14 but I haven't ever been involved too much in the community. Being the shy guy I am and this being such a private part of my life, I've kind of found it hard to talk about even on a fine online community such as this one.

My hobbies include programming things for fun and many other nerdy things such as role playing games and all things otaku.

Hopefully I'll be able to push myself to be a little more active here than I have on other sites in the past -- we'll see how things go as living in an apartment with roommates who are always around leaves little time for privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by anode View Post
    Being the shy guy I am and this being such a private part of my life, I've kind of found it hard to talk about even on a fine online community such as this one.

You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to. You can be weird, like me, and hang around just because I like the people! 1800+ posts and still going strong with about 1.8 posts relevant to the forums!

Welcome to ADISCHE.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    You can be weird, like me, and hang around just because I like the people! 1800+ posts and still going strong with about 1.8 posts relevant to the forums!.
    lol, quite the ratio there Will do, and thanks for the welcome.

Hello Anode... Mind if I call you Annie? Don't worry about talking about personal things, all things otaku gives you plenty to talk about, and many people to talk about them with...

Welcome, Anode!

It can definitely be tough talking about this as it is very personal and often something that we only feel easy about with time. No worries. There are plenty of really neat and interesting topics for you to read/post about that will allow you to keep your mystique!

Reading about others' personal experiences and insights may be a good platform in helping you sort this all out for yourself.

That being said it's always fun to have another East Coaster join the coalition!

ˇBienvenidos!

~Maximus

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Hello Anode... Mind if I call you Annie?
    Heh, sure, go ahead - I don't mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    Welcome, Anode!
    It can definitely be tough talking about this as it is very personal and often something that we only feel easy about with time. No worries. There are plenty of really neat and interesting topics for you to read/post about that will allow you to keep your mystique!
    Will do, certainly don't want to ruin any of my mystique

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusPrime View Post
    That being said it's always fun to have another East Coaster join the coalition!
    Absolutely -- east coast FTW

Anode, by your name sake I would venture to guess you are working on some type of electronics degree?

Welcome to the forums

I'm a software guy actually, but if I wasn't, electrical engineering would have probably been my next pick.

Thanks for the welcome ^^