Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for women

Default Question for women

One of my new roomates, who is a womyn, likes to plaster the walls, furniture, and ceiling with post-it notes with "happy" instructions for living in this household. She signs every one with a smiley face. I'm sure we've all had roomates like that, but I don't find it too annoying. Sure, I'd rather people come talk to me instead of passive-aggressively "suggesting" they might have a problem. But whatever. We haven't had any problems yet.

On one of the post-it's, she demands that we please keep the toilette seat down, thank you very much. Now, I've heard of this before because it's a big thing in pop culture, but I didn't think it was actually real. I don't really care if the seat is up or down, and I don't take any special care to make sure that it is either up or down when I'm finished with it.

So why do women always want it down? Why do us guys have to specificaly cater to them? It's not a big deal or anything, I'm not pissed off because really, it takes like a second to put the seat down when I'm through with it. I'm just confused/curious.

So the toilette seat has to be down all the time, no exceptions, and women get real antsy if that rule isn't followed all the time. So I guess my question, ladies, is why does it matter?

I guess I should also add that I'm a forgetfull bastard, and if I've got a lot on my mind I don't worry about if I put the seat up or down last time I used it.

I think the theory is, flushing while open sprays the germs every where, while flushing while closed doesn't. That's the reason my mum gives anyway.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you were talking about the toilet lid.
    Last edited by Hex; 19-Sep-2009 at 23:18.

Well, I prefer to keep the seat down because I'm a moron and I don't look before I sit. But I don't really care if the seat is up or down, unless I'm listening to my music and dancing around like a moron. Touching it doesn't matter to me.

As for most other women, they like to keep the seat down because of germs and such. They can be germaphobes at times, and it's so ridiculous. (I've seen girls in my classes have to sanitize their hands every ten minutes. Ughhh.)

EDIT: I know that most of the girls who demand the seat to be down at completely stupid, but I'm not... I'm just a bit ADHD. .u.;
    Last edited by Shukkume; 19-Sep-2009 at 23:46.

Mako

Here's the big secret. Girls who demand it are really, really, REALLY stupid. Seriously.

I give no sympathy to these kinds of girls and will make a particular note to leave the seat UP. It's a life lesson. Men and women are equals, and should be treated as such. We put the seat up before peeing, girls can put the seat down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Here's the big secret. Girls who demand it are really, really, REALLY stupid. Seriously.

I give no sympathy to these kinds of girls and will make a particular note to leave the seat UP. It's a life lesson. Men and women are equals, and should be treated as such. We put the seat up before peeing, girls can put the seat down.
    QFT

Here's what you do: Leave a post it note under her note saying
    "I would be happy to leave the seat down when I'm finished with it assuming you're willing to leave it up when you are. That way we're both happy.
    ~Smiley Face~"

I kind of figured it was the falling in bit, and us men are expected to be chivalrous.

Peachy

Here's what you do: Piss all over the toilet seat and leave it down. Affix a post-it note with a - smiley saying "I left it down for you, but somehow this doesn't work very well either".

Seriously. you can't please a woman in terms of toilet use. If you move the seat up before peeing they complain it's not down when they need to use the toilet. When you leave it down when peeing and leave a drop or two on it in the process, they complain that it's dirty (even if it has been wiped clean immediately).
    There is only three possible solutions: (1) A law saying that women aren't allowed to use toilets and must piss into buckets, (2) 24/7 in diapers, or (3) a urinal in every home's bathroom. I'm willing to bet, however, that the women will take control of the urinal as well and try to use it

Seriously, gals, look before you sit down to take a leak. It only takes 1/10th of a second, and you could save the male population years or agony and pain, and quite possibly a few thousand relationships. This isn't parallel parking, where you girls don't look either but just bump into the cars next to yours!

On a related note: A former male (!) roommate of mine insisted everyone used the toilet sitting down. Seriously, I'm not a girl! I was blessed with a SpeedPee (TM)-tool, and I am definitely going to take advantage of my fortune!

Peachy

GaashaHuzzah

I vote for rule 2, Peachy...

2low

Hahaha Peachy has the right idea ,
    or you could always just use ur special underpants all the time but that not be the case

Get Those Fancy Smacy japan Toilets with auto matic seat wash and up and down seat buttonz

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by Chillhouse View Post
    I kind of figured it was the falling in bit, and us men are expected to be chivalrous.
    Are you trying to sleep with her? If yes, don't screw your room mates. Bad idea. Theres chivalry, and then theres expecting special treatment because she's a girl. It's sexist plain and simple.