Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When roommates are onto you...

Zeit

Default When roommates are onto you...

I seem to have gotten myself into a pickle...

I recently moved in with some friends and things have been going well for the past few weeks. In the process of moving in, I had to move my "supplies" to a rather "not-well-hidden" area since I haven't figured out anywhere better to put them It's in my room and not in plain view, that's all that matters.

My problem lies in how my roomy has been nearly hint-dropping that she knows about my stash; she'll mention something to do with diapers, (while walking by the toiletries aisle "Do you need any briefs") and give me a look or how she's happy there's no one incontinent in the house (she's a full-time nurse).

I'm just not certain what I can do about it. I'd rather not acknowledge this to her considering the act of searching my room would be an invasion of my privacy, that and I don't pry into her and her boyfriend's sex life/kinks since I'm happier not knowing. What goes in our respective bedrooms stays there, IMO.

I'm not sure how to approach this. Any ideas?

I'd just leave it alone, find a better hiding spot, or better yet, get rid of anything you can (I don't mean throwing it away, but getting it out of the house in anyway you can to somewhere else if you can). It's probably best not to pry into it. Also, I wouldn't do anything to call attention to it in anyway.

Zeit

I've pretty much moved everything I own to my room which I'm renting with from my friends at the moment. I might move my stuff around but I only have my furniture to work with.

I think I'm going to lay low for a while and hope she doesn't go snooping in my room. I shouldn't have to deal with this problem, but such is life.

As long as you're not creating some kind of imposition on your roommates (smelling up the place, parading around in nothing but a diaper), it's really none of their business. If she does suspect and is indeed dropping hints, she's hoping that you'll bite and confirm her suspicions. If you don't want her to have confirmation, just ignore the hints.

As for her snooping in your room, there are two feasible outcomes that I can think of:
    a) she finds diapers, has her suspicions confirmed, and confronts you, or
    b) finds diapers and doesn't confront you

If it's the first, well, the bigger problem is her snooping in your room, which you now have confirmation of. If it's the second... I guess there's the worry that she'll spread her discovery around to mutual friends. I don't know her, so I can't say whether this is something she would do. I'm going to go ahead and hope that, being a full-time nurse, she has some measure of discretion (especially since, if she's only found diapers and not anything specifically AB related, she's probably suspecting a medical condition rather than some 'exotic' kink).

Just let this one slide, and stick to what you've already said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zeit View Post
    I'd rather not acknowledge this to her considering the act of searching my room would be an invasion of my privacy, that and I don't pry into her and her boyfriend's sex life/kinks since I'm happier not knowing. What goes in our respective bedrooms stays there, IMO.
    I follow this same guideline with my roommates. It's worked well thus far.

Yeah man id say just ignore the hints and let her confront you. if she is just kidding around and not actually hinting then your just going to make an ass of yourself and if she is onto you and hasnt freaked out yet if she confronts you i reckon she wil be cool with it. as far as her snooping as you said yourself they ae not well hidden so has she ever been in your room with you? she might have seen them then or she might ave seen them when you moved in.

Anyway i wouldnt worry about it cos if it was a problem for her then you would know by now.

Good luck with it tho and i hope all works out for you

Peachy

Give her a test: Leave something else in your room that she will notice and comment about. Dunno what that could be - you know her better than I do. If she'll give you the desired reaction (commenting on the item), you know she's been in your room even though she should not have been (unless you leave your door open and said you were OK with her being in there).

However, if she's a nurse, maybe she deals with incontinent products every day and just thought it was a funny joke to make in the grocery store. Could be unrelated.

Peachy

Zeit

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    If it's the first, well, the bigger problem is her snooping in your room, which you now have confirmation of. If it's the second... I guess there's the worry that she'll spread her discovery around to mutual friends. I don't know her, so I can't say whether this is something she would do. I'm going to go ahead and hope that, being a full-time nurse, she has some measure of discretion (especially since, if she's only found diapers and not anything specifically AB related, she's probably suspecting a medical condition rather than some 'exotic' kink)..
    I trust her well enough to be very discreet if she does know. She has her share of embarrassing secrets as well as I do, I'm certain. We've known each other for several years now and if she had been snooping and found something , I'm not even sure if she'd tell her boyfriend, which is good.

I think I'm more ticked at the possible act of her snooping in my room. :S

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    However, if she's a nurse, maybe she deals with incontinent products every day and just thought it was a funny joke to make in the grocery store. Could be unrelated.
    She works with the elderly in a permanent residence. Changing diapers is almost half of her job. I'm hoping that's the case.

That is the trouble with living with someone else, no privacy, and everybody know your bussiness, it's like living in a small town only alot worse.

I wouldn't live with someone else I have gotten used to being alone and I love it.

Mako

Let sleeping dogs lie. We tune into things when diapers are mentioned more then other people. If she isn't confronting you, then you may be reading to much into it. Don't expose yourself on a possibly misplaced suspicion.

There has been much good advice posted in this thread. Peachy's test may be a good idea, however most of the "leave it alone" suggestions are probably the best options.

One thing to consider however...there may be a chance she's into diapers herself...and if she found yours...isn't sure how to approach you about it. She may be fishing right now by dropping those comments to see what your reaction is.

I tend to agree, the ball is in her court, do nothing and wait until she has the guts to confront you about it...Then explore her interest...because clearly she has some....although what it may be is yet to be seen.

Good luck.

-Gus