Thread: Tender Diapers - Opinions?

Error404

Default Tender Diapers - Opinions?

So I've just ordered a case of 90 (!!!) Large Tender diapers, anyone got any experience with these? They claim to have a good absorbency capacity at 2200ml with double tapes.

Anyone got any opinions on these? Experiences? Personal reviews? Have I wasted my money?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/..._ya_oh_product

Haven't tried 'em myself, but this site is great for reviews:

Daily Diapers Reviews - View Product

I just skimmed them, but it looks like the reviews are generally favorable, especially for the price. So congrats

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    Haven't tried 'em myself, but this site is great for reviews:

I just skimmed them, but it looks like the reviews are generally favorable, especially for the price. So congrats
    Thanks Tygon! That's really boosted my confidence! You've just made my evening so some rep coming your way. Let's hope it throws you into VIP. ^_^

Edit: Guess it did. Welcome to VIP. XD
    Last edited by Error404; 19-Sep-2009 at 00:10.

Elli

Hey. I think those are the ones I've ordered twice. I got them from the 'Tender-care' website. If they are the same ones, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I ordered them in packs of 30, on two seperate occasions. (They actually came in 2 x 15 packs). I ordered the large ones, because the sizing is set slightly smaller than some. And I chose the 'Night' sort too. The price is good and nappies are great. I'm so excited to be talking about something I know about, that I'm going to have to do headings and paragraphs! Yay! Hold on...

Absorbancy:

These hold quite a lot, but there is more fluff and less SAP material. Sounds like a negative, but not necessarily, because it means they absorb quickly and leak less than other brands I've used. I had less leaks with these than with Kendall Lille Supreme Fit.

Fit:

These are big! Not ones for wearing discreetly out and about, but very comfortable, and very nice to sleep in. They come up above my belly button, and I'm fairly tall. I love the full fitting shape. I have more discreet ones too, but these are great for pure comfort. The tapes work as they should, you can tape them down at the legs to pull the leg holes smaller if you need to, and generally they seem to fit as they should without problems. The tapes are the sort that can be re-adjusted multiple times, so long as you position the white sticky tab on top of the already-stuck blue tab, exactly right each time.

The elastic leg gathers and leak guards are ok, but not as strong as some. There is no elastic on the waist, either on the front nor the back, but you soon get used to making them tight enough without making them so tight that your physical movement will cause the tapes to pull away. The tapes stick strongly and have never 'popped' off but they have caused damage to the plastic when they have pulled away a little, when I've caused them to have to stretch. After a night sleeping in them, they occasionally need tightening up, but have not yet leaked.

Look/Feel:

If this matters, they are nearly plain white, so perhaps slightly less clinical looking than some. They have blue/white tapes and faint blue print down the middle which fades and disappears when wet. The plastic is soft and comfortable.

Other stuff: These actually say 'Adult Diapers' on the packet, which amuses me a little, because I've not seen that before. I wonder if to use the whole of the back, the wearer would have to be lieing down. I had to, but then I did have the 'Night' ones. I've worn these to bed, and used them, laying on my back, and nothing leaked. The padding clumps only slightly. The quality is pretty good, in my opinion. The nappies are packed into their bag impressively tightly, so, as with most, when you re about to wear one, check the leak guards are not a little stuck down. If they are, just run your finger along to release them so they stand as they should.

I hope these are the ones I'm thinking of. Let us know what you think of them, when you get them, and I hope they are as good in your opinion as they are in mine!

An extra thought: There is some mention of these on the forums somewhere, even though they are quite obscure, so it might be worth a quick search. Here's one thread about them: http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...d-diapers.html
    Last edited by Elli; 19-Sep-2009 at 14:19. Reason: added more info.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Elli View Post
    Lots of awesome facts here.
    Another excellent post, making me glad of my purchase! Thanks! ^_^

Rep your way! <3

~E404

Quote Originally Posted by Elli;274985

[B
    Other stuff:[/B] These actually say 'Adult Diapers' on the packet, which amuses me a little, because I've not seen that before. I wonder if to use the whole of the back, the wearer would have to be lieing down. In had too, but then I did have the 'Night' ones. I've worn these to bed, and used them, laying on my back, and nothing leaked. The padding clumps only slightly. The quality is pretty good, in my opinion.

Excellent. Maybe I will need to try these too.

Wow, Elli, that was a great post. Convinced me to try them when I run out!

Elli

Thanks. Having thought some more about them, I remembered a point that should have been added in my previous post, about Tender diapers not having elastic waist bands, which might be a negative. So I've edited that in. You maybe could read other people's reviews too, if you haven't already, and I've also added a link, in my previous post, to one of the past threads about Tender diapers.

Sorry Angusmac, I hadn't noticed your post there. The states, huh? I don't know. But it might be worth knowing that other posters have thought 'Tender' diapers seem the same (or very similar) to 'Riboslip' diapers. If one sort is unavailable in the States then just maybe another very similar or identical sort might be. I did a quick google search, and I noticed that Tender-Care were not the only website to offer 'Tender' diapers. At least one another UK website sells them: And I'm sure there must be others. http://www.freedomhealthcare.co.uk/t...&categoryID=44 Perhaps some UK websites might ship to the States? Or even better, maybe some one here who is from the States might know of a slightly more local stockist?
    Last edited by Elli; 19-Sep-2009 at 14:30. Reason: more added

got a half-pack stashed somewhere; only the normal ones, though. they used to be my regulars, back in the 90s, and i tried the 'night' variants, too. can't say that they're the best for function but, they'll definitely please with their form.
    i stuck with them for a while because of their plain-white look and only moved on when i found another local supplier who had different brands, in different styles, in the more competitive 90s.