Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Television documentary

Default UK Television documentary

I'm sure this kind of post is put up from time to time, but please bear with me. I work for a production company who are well renowned for producing high quality documentaries with strong ethical journalistic practice. An example of our work is on Channel 4 tonight its called Daredevils: The Human Bird 9pm.

I'm hoping to produce a documentary about Infantilism and the community. If anyone knows of somebody who might talk to me and offer me advice and insight I would be very greatfull. I am still at early research stage so any information or steer is much appreciated!

Kind regards

If you're looking to make an actual, fair documentary about *B/DLs I applaud you. We don't always get the most sympathetic media coverage.

For basic research I'd advice you to start by checking out the ADISC wiki.

Thank you Radgravity. That link is really helpful I will be looking through the links. Sorry to post on forums, it is usually a lazy way to find and source information. However for this documentary it seems like a sensible place to start as there is not a huge amount of information out there. If anyone can tell me about their favorite supplier of clothing that would be really helpful. There was a documentary a few years ago called 'My Fake Baby' it was a fascinating insight into the lives of women who nurture reborn dolls. At the center of the film was a newborn artist who created these realistic looking baby dolls. If there is a British company that are producing top quality and realistic clothing for the B / DL's community I think they would offer an interesting insight.
    Thank you

Channel 4? Enough said

Just kidding. But really, how funny would that be... "catch the latest from the Big Brother house at 10, but in the meantime, a documentary on infantilism!"

Okay, seriously now...
    I mean, you mentioned "infantilism and the community". Maybe I've misunderstood, but infantilism, as far as I'm concerned, should be part of one's private life. Many would disagree with me, but then I'm sure some people here would agree with that. It doesn't, nor would I let it, affect my public image. The fact that there isn't a huge amount of info out there on it sort of suggests that.

Please don't think I'm on the attack. I wish you every success with this project. One thing you could try is to get it straight from the horse's mouth - set up some questions on here, or another forum, and hope that some users would be willing to provide some info on it from a personal P.O.V.

i'm sure there will be a few people who would be willing to help, and as Dash says, *B/DLism is more of a personal, private life subject, unless you meant community as in suport like this one. However Im afraid I wont be interested in helping this time around as I've been misquoted and messed around by the media too many times in the past regarding other interests, the fact it's being made for channel 4 makes me very wary for above mentioned reasons.

Good luck to you though if you do intend to produce a balanced documantary, I hope it goes well and doesnt get chopped up beyond recognition before CH4 accept it.

I'm willing to submit stuff to this provided I can remain anonymous. Drop me a PM Missus 'Television'.

Edit: I've PMed you. If you can provide me proof of your identity, then I'd so be willing to help out as best I can.

Hello and welcome to ADISC.

While I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're working for a film production company (I have no clue what "channel 4" is...anyone got an explanation), I will have to warn you that ADISC has many users that are legal minors, and while I'm not a lawyer, I wouldn't want any minor on a show about basically a sexual fetish to avoid getting into legal trouble.

Plus I'm not sure if people will stick their necks out far enough to be in an unkown documentary just to find out it's another Jerry Springer-type show which not only portraits AB/DL in a negative sense but also (ab)uses the people on the show to make the viewers laugh and "take the piss out of them" (to use a British expression).

Personally, I wouldn't do it, as I wouldn't have a way to ensure that my words aren't twisted into something I neither mean nor endorse. I would probably have to hire a team of lawyers and sign a 100-page contract to ensure that my part of the show doesn't turn into something I don't want it to be, and that's way too much effort.

On the other hand lots of us hate the way we are portrayed in a "negative light." I have no idea what portraying us in a "positive light" would look like but if you can pull it off, more power to you.

Hello there, miss Television! Welcome to ADISC!

Although I really enjoy the idea of a documentary about infantilism and the *B/DL community in general, I would be quite safe about it. Many of the users here are legal minors (as our favorite peach has said).

Also, I'm quite concerned that this could turn into another Jerry Springer type show. You should be very careful about doing this, as there are the 'not so good' sides of the *B/DL community. But, you've come to the right place. This forum is one of the best that I have seen. (I tried posting on a few others, didn't work out.)

If you want to ask me any questions about caretakers like myself, feel free to PM me as well. Caretakers may be outnumbered by *B/DLs, but I still believe that we should be included, no matter how tiny of a group we may be.

Take care,

Almost recorded that Daredevils programme, might have to watch it on play back...

Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    While I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're working for a film production company (I have no clue what "channel 4" is...anyone got an explanation)
    See here Peachy:
    Channel 4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Despite its name, it's a major television channel that's universal to the UK (i.e. it's everybody's channel number 4), and the only non-BBC channel worth watching (IMO).

It's quite exciting (and scary) that a documentary about infantilism might be coming to our screens!
    Do you know what channel is most likely to take it?

Anyway, here's a link to a British supplier of adult-baby clothing:
    Cosy n Dry