Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonic Returning To His Roots....

Default Sonic Returning To His Roots....

YouTube - New Sonic 2010 - Project Needlemouse

Good idea but knowing SEGA, they probably fuck this one up as well. I mean for christ sake, they can't even do a port of Sonic 1 to GBA let along a 3D version of it.

I liked the trailer. It said absolutly nothing but it had a flashy blue ball and spinning rings for 0's. It made me smile. I think the game will be just fine, and I actually liked the 3D sonic games, so I'll love this no matter what. Wait a second, what system is this for? I only have a wii.

I've promised myself to never get exited about a new Sonic game just to be disappointing again. Still, I can't help but having a small hope that it's actually going to be the first great sonic since the mid 90's.

It's not entirely impossible. Mega Man 9 turned out to be an awesome game when they released it last year. So as long as "back to basics" really means just that, the new Sonic might be just as good.

Also, who can't help but feel a stab of nostalgia when seeing the classic Sonic logo in the trailer? Not to mention the even more classic SEGA voice.

I'd shoot sonic the hedgehog and all his friends in the head if I could just so they can finally be put out of their misery.

Anyways this is what Sega has been promising for the last 3 games. Its time to give up on Sonic, let him and his friends be remembered for their good games. Not the shitty ones and all the horrible fanfics of sonic stories out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Its time to give up on Sonic, let him and his friends be remembered for their good games. Not the shitty ones and all the horrible fanfics of sonic stories out there.
    Did someone say "horrible fanfic"?

[removed]

Here's the entire comic if you are a diehard Sonic/Pikachu hybrid fan.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    Last edited by Nihlus; 24-Feb-2012 at 22:34.

Mako

Sans the story, the 2D sonic games for the DS, sonic rush and sonic rush adventure were a lot of fun while actually getting to play in level and not skipping text bubbles. As long as they do go back to basics and create an epic continuous 2D sidescrolling adventure the size that would put sonic 3 & knuckles to shame. Then we're talking.

Sega just can't do a good 3d sonic game, they've thouroughly proven that. So as long as they don't do anything stupid (which is likely) like add a gun, a sword, the werehog, more pointless story between annoying characters, any whiff of angst, and pretty much everything they've fucked up with the 3d games. They may do alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    Did someone say "horrible fanfic"?

[removed]

Here's the entire comic if you are a diehard Sonic/Pikachu hybrid fan.

Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
    >.< Sonichu....If you don't know who he is, look up Chris-Chan on ED or youtube.

Last edited by Nihlus; 24-Feb-2012 at 22:34. Reason: Removed link from quote

Really, back to 2D huh? Well, I might just give this game a shot. I only bought Sonic games when they were truly wonderful. After Sonic 3D Blast (shudder) blew me away, in all the wrong ways, I stopped buying. I purchased Sonic Heroes recently, and kind of liked it, but it still just isn't what it used to be.

So long as this 2D game truly is what it should be, I will definitely buy it.

Oh, and ParacetomolKid: I'll have to 'quote' that beautiful cycle for truth. (Well, not actually, I don't want to put that huge thing up on the board a second time, as hilarious as it is)

Sega has been getting better. I think I'll give this game a chance.
    I actually LIKED Unleashed, btw.