Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoes with good traction?

Default Shoes with good traction?

So for work I have a chain-link fence I get to play on and my shoes, my converse,slide alot on the bar where I step on. What kind of shoes would be better for not slipping off and fall on my butt? My friend told me to wrap a piece of duct tape around them and just take replace it every night. But I think that would make them more slippery. Another person recommended nurse shoes. Would those even work and if so where could I get them and how much are they?

duct tape doesn't make it more slippery. It has small cavities on the non stick side that do help grip. I've used duct tape before for more grip, but I put it on what I was standing on, not my shoes. It worked well for a good long while untill it got dusty. Then it didn't work no more.

If you want the best advice, go to an athletic shoe store. They will know the perfect shoe in no time.

Probably not what you want, but apparently they're super for traction: Vibram FiveFingers KSO and Classic Running Shoes | Wired.com Product Reviews as well as possibly being better for your feet overall.

SHOES FOR CREWS® > Women's Slip-resistant Footwear > Steel Toe Boots And Shoes

Shoes for Crews have a bunch of different styles, that page is just the women's style shoes with steel toes. All their styles have excellent non-slip traction, designed for work in hospitals, restaurants, etc. They'd probably work for you, too.

Buy a pair of work boots at least 8 inches high if you doing stuff like that you need a shoe that will hold your ankel from turning, if it's cold where you live get insulated boots, if you are in danger of heavy things droping on your toes get steel toe's.

You can buy sneaks for playing, but for work get a real shoe, you will feel better at the end of the day.

Don't buy expensive boots under hard use they only last 6 months anyway, and what you pay for an expensive boot you can get 2 pair and wear one pair everyother day or just toss them and get another pair.

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    Buy a pair of work boots at least 8 inches high if you doing stuff like that you need a shoe that will hold your ankel from turning, if it's cold where you live get insulated boots, if you are in danger of heavy things droping on your toes get steel toe's.

You can buy sneaks for playing, but for work get a real shoe, you will feel better at the end of the day.

Don't buy expensive boots under hard use they only last 6 months anyway, and what you pay for an expensive boot you can get 2 pair and wear one pair everyother day or just toss them and get another pair.
    Hmmm I don't really want boots for they are too bulky and heavy. I want something to play in really but something that's not gonna slide too much.

and I don't think I need steel to boots.. o.O

The shoes trevor posted are definitely something you should look into. Albeit they're expensive, they are really amazing shoes. My friend has a pair and he goes everywhere with them, they look funny too XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    The shoes trevor posted are definitely something you should look into. Albeit they're expensive, they are really amazing shoes. My friend has a pair and he goes everywhere with them, they look funny too XD
    Haha I'm really considering and I can't find a cheaper alternative I might just have to get them.

Odd question, but why are you stepping on a chain-link fence for work? haha

You might want to look into Chacos.

Kinda expensive, but they're hiking shoes so they have good traction and they're pretty flexible. I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Odd question, but why are you stepping on a chain-link fence for work? haha

You might want to look into Chacos.

Kinda expensive, but they're hiking shoes so they have good traction and they're pretty flexible. I love them.
    I work at a haunted house o.O