Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Today's 9/11.

  1. #1

    Unhappy Today's 9/11.

    That day was a very sad day for all of us.

  2. #2

    Default

    *Wonders whether quoting Sarah Silverman's stand up routine would be appropriate or not*

    ---

    On a serious note, I think what's sadder than the day itself is how much we've allowed to be taken from us in the name of anti-terrorism since.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    On a serious note, I think what's sadder than the day itself is how much we've allowed to be taken from us in the name of anti-terrorism since.
    Such as?

  4. #4

    Default

    It was a sad, and shocking, day indeed. Which has seen many changes as a result - for better or for worse.
    It awakened us all to the possibility of large scale terrorism occurring in our countries, this produced a higher level of vigilance and anti-terrorism measures, but it has also come at the cost of some of our personal freedom. Whether this is a worthy price to pay is down to your own view.

    Apart from the massive loss of life, one of the sadist things to come out of this is a feeling of islamaphobia in many people. Despite most Muslims being good, honourable people, some people now see a Muslim and immediately regard them as more suspicious than everyone else. Vigilance is not the same as prejudice.

    Putting aside any of the above, today is a day to mourn people's loss and to celebrate those people's lives, as well as for us all to look back on and remember that terrible event so that we may learn from it in the future.

    RIP all those who died.

    I was only 8 at the time of 9/11, so I did not realise the full severity of what had happened, but I will remember that footage for the rest of my life.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Such as?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by NikonFilmPhotog View Post
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. - Benjamin Franklin
    I was asking for specifics on which freedoms have been lost in the US, or UK for Charlie there. Also if I recall correctly UK has been installing their CCTV before 9/11. In the US red light cameras were going up when Clinton was in office, though it was really only the states that decided that.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by MaryMargaretBush View Post
    That day was a very sad day for all of us.
    Not at all!

    Today is my parents' anniversary, and I'm rather glad that such a day exists.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I was asking for specifics on which freedoms have been lost in the US, or UK for Charlie there. Also if I recall correctly UK has been installing their CCTV before 9/11. In the US red light cameras were going up when Clinton was in office, though it was really only the states that decided that.
    I can't really think of any off the top of my head but I feel the same as Benjamin Franklin in that giving up any rights for security is foolish.

    I did a quick google and came up with this:



    taken from: http://www.nyclu.org/pdfs/eroding_liberty.pdf

  9. #9

    Default

    Yeah. Two things happened on 9/11/2001. Jay-Z The Blueprint came out and this. Such a solemn and moment that is left as a scar in American history. God Bless all those who died that day.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    Not at all!
    For you. For me it is a day that brings back memories of my aunt, uncle, and cousin that died when the South tower collapsed. It's also a day that makes me very angry.

Similar Threads

  1. Today's Date
    By Little2Roo in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-Jul-2009, 09:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.