Thread: Publicizing my artwork.

Error404

Default Publicizing my artwork.

So, for those of you whom have seen the artwork I have had commissioned, do you think I should make them more public?

I like sharing my pictures but I suppose it sort of discomforts me to think of anyone fapping to them or what not. Am I unfounded or wrong to think such?

I know my legal rights and have full ownership of the pictures but as we all know I couldn't really enforce such legal rights if I make them open to the public as they'd become so quickly widespread due to their awesome quality that I'd have ALOT of people to sue.

So...My predicament:

Do I stop being selfish and put them out for everyone to enjoy?

OR

Do I keep them to myself and share them occasionally with those I deem fit?

Show them to alllll! <3 You know I love all those pics you get. XD

I hope this doesn't sound like me being negative, because I don't intend it that way. I just try to be blunt when I can:

Outside of our community, nobody will probably give a shit about them.

They involve a specific lifestyle that only people associated with this community or in adjunct communities could really appreciate. To other people, they don't have nearly as heavy a weight of importance. Therefore, they'd be overlooked, deleted, or passed over. As for people fapping to pictures of them, I wouldn't worry about it -- there's plenty of other more "realistic" pictures on the Internet for people who want to fap to fap to.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    I hope this doesn't sound like me being negative, because I don't intend it that way. I just try to be blunt when I can:

Outside of our community, nobody will probably give a shit about them.

They involve a specific lifestyle that only people associated with this community or in adjunct communities could really appreciate. To other people, they don't have nearly as heavy a weight of importance. Therefore, they'd be overlooked, deleted, or passed over. As for people fapping to pictures of them, I wouldn't worry about it -- there's plenty of other more "realistic" pictures on the Internet for people who want to fap to fap to.
    I'm well aware of whom will be interested by such, and I think that's what bothers me most. There is VERY little artwork of male children in the *BDL style genre and of what there is, most is perverted beyond comprehension or of very low quality.

What I'm proposing is that I let out what artwork I own and have had commissioned for the public to enjoy, to become as well known and popular as those by other artists such as M4, BabyRonin and other known names.

I guess I just sort of shudder at the day someone joins upto ADISC with one of my pictures as their avatar. I know I'd probably go crazy, but still, I can't help but think I'm being so very selfish by holding such beautiful works to myself.

What I don't know is this:

I don't know what thoughts it'd invoke in me if I were to find my pictures archived on another website.

See, Dawes, it's not people like you and most of ADISC that I'm worried about, more...The less savoury people of ADISC. Last thing I need is a pervert using one of my pictures as a display picture and thus tarnishing the use of the picture with an association of a dodgy moron.

Well I like your artwork. I think it is very cute but I can understand why you dont want people to fap to it, hell who would?
    You could always upload it to the member gallery or vip part. that way it will atleast get alittle harder for the wrong people to get hands into it!

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara View Post
    Well I like your artwork. I think it is very cute but I can understand why you dont want people to fap to it, hell who would?
    You could always upload it to the member gallery or vip part. that way it will atleast get alittle harder for the wrong people to get hands into it!
    Members like RedTails have already proven that's not a viable option if I awnt to be secure.

If you ever plan on making money off them, keep them off the internet.

If you've just drawn them for pleasure, share them. What difference does it make if people enjoy them and use them?

If you're concerned about credit, watermark them in such a way that the image can't be used without seeing the symbol.

It is ok for people to fap to them, but they gotta pay! I say make them public and make a few bucks off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Members like RedTails have already proven that's not a viable option if I awnt to be secure.
    That sucks, what happend? Im not really sure then how you will be able to share it. Maybe put them into something like rapidshare and only give it out to members you like & know you can trust or feel could have them without using them for the wrong reasons!

There's always the password protected RAR option that you put up on a hosting website. (I'm sure there are ways to hack into those, however...I'm just too dumb to do it )