Thread: The Final Destination

Default The Final Destination

I went to see a movie a couple of days ago. Yes, alone, because I'm a looser like that. Also, I just moved to this town and I didn't know anyone at the time (I've already made a bunch of friend in the past few days).

Anyway. I go in and sit down. The theatre's empty. Sweet, I think. Five minutes before the movie starts, a couple comes in, ushering their two year old to a seat. I'm not even sure if it was a two year old. He looked like he had just learned to walk. Whatever, he was a toddler. Really young. Someone you wouldn't want to bring to a movie theatre because toddlers are fairly cranky; even more so when there are loud noises present.

But what was the movie I was seeing? Final Destination 4.The Final Destination movies aim to always be more vulgar, more gruesome, more gore-tastic than the previous one. They also pump in some sex scenes and full frontal nudity just for good measure. Seriously, hardly any movies are rated 18-A in Canada, but this one was.

*gore below, don't click links if you're easily grossed out*

All four movies have terrible acting and no plot. But you go to these movies to watch the gratuitous scenes of blood and gore, not for the story. It's nice to just turn your brain off and watch the guts fly every once and a while.

let me make it clear I'm no prude. I'm the furthest thing from a prude, but this was crazy. Who would bring their kid in to watch this with them? They were sitting at the front where I couldn't see them, so maybe they were covering his eyes or something.

Crazy shit, no?

Yeah, I really hate it when that happens too....I've seen little kids in lots of rated R movies. It always seems to me like pure laziness/selfishness. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have a kid and not be able to do stuff like go out to see certain movies without hiring a babysitter. But...that's why I don't have kids! If you're going to have kids, you should accept the responsibility and understand that you should give up some of your wants for the benefit of the child.

I haven't seen The Final Destination, but come on...the first did have a plot and it was pretty good. I thought the whole idea of people being meant to die, escaping it, and having "death" be the killer that hunts them down was a pretty original and good idea for a horror movie...especially when it makes you think how deadly simple things could be, even though the coincidences of each one are very far fetched.

The problem always was that the second and third ones were basically the exact same movie as the first one, just different situations and characters. So I can see why you say they're only about the gore, since that's all there is to them now.

The movie was okay. Yeah, they're the same every time, so I hope this is the last one. The 3D wasn't too great. Also, the special effects were horrible namely in the beginning car scene. As far as people bringing kids into R movies and whatnot, I see it all the time. I don't think the kids can necessarily understand what's going on, and most can actually sit through it pretty well from what I've seen, but they probably shouldn't be in there. Also, my theater had some older guy who laughed at every single death. It was kind of disturbing in a way, because it was a genuine laugh, and he was the only one doing it. I was hoping as the (hopefully) final one, they would tried something at least a little different. Oh, and the car wash scene? That was incredibly stupid.

Did the girl actually die from the car wash? I know its impossible unless your actively trying to kill yourself. Mainly since Steve-o from jackass has done it, with "hotwax" too. Then Adam and Jamie from mythbusters also did it on their last arc.

Anyways they need to get some suicides into these movies where someone just gives up but feels like they could at least control how they go. All of them do die and they never seem to stop it even though they claim to be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Did the girl actually die from the car wash? I know its impossible unless your actively trying to kill yourself. Mainly since Steve-o from jackass has done it, with "hotwax" too. Then Adam and Jamie from mythbusters also did it on their last arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Anyways they need to get some suicides into these movies where someone just gives up but feels like they could at least control how they go. All of them do die and they never seem to stop it even though they claim to be able to.
    Actually, in the second movie, one of the characters freaks out after seeing another one die brutally, and he takes a revolver and tries to kill himself. In fact, he pulls the trigger...either five or six times. But all of the bullets end up being duds (I don't know what that means...I'm just trying to remember what happened from having watched it about five years ago). Anyway, the point was that he tried to kill himself but couldn't. I think one of the other characters commented by saying "There's no way all five could just randomly be duds...that means that death is in control of when we die."

I don't think it was a great explanation, but it was interesting because during the first movie I thought the same thing you did and they kind of addressed it in the second one.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy564339 View Post
    Actually, in the second movie, one of the characters freaks out after seeing another one die brutally, and he takes a revolver and tries to kill himself. In fact, he pulls the trigger...either five or six times. But all of the bullets end up being duds (I don't know what that means...I'm just trying to remember what happened from having watched it about five years ago). Anyway, the point was that he tried to kill himself but couldn't. I think one of the other characters commented by saying "There's no way all five could just randomly be duds...that means that death is in control of when we die."

I don't think it was a great explanation, but it was interesting because during the first movie I thought the same thing you did and they kind of addressed it in the second one.
    Someone tried to kill themself in this one too. They tried hanging and overdosing on pills. They were like "I've been trying to kill myself all night."