If you've never seen a Final Destination movie, they all follow the same basic formula:
1. A small group of teenagers narrowly avoid death in some horrible catastrophe.
2. They begin being picked off one by one in increasingly implausible
3. There's four main characters: The protagonist, the protagonist's girlfriend, the jock, and the jock's girlfriend.
4. Eventualy, the protagonist figures out there's a pattern to the deaths, and sets out to save all his friends. This operates on the ridiculous idea that death is a conscious entity and is out to get you, but will stop bothering you if only your break this pattern.
5. Even if he manages to save some people (usualy his girlfriend and one other person), they all die at the end anyway.
6. Also, someone always gets hit by a bus,
in every single movie.