Thread: Ahoy ahoy

Default Ahoy ahoy

Hi all, I'm new to ADISC. I'm a DL, although I'm much less into it than I used to be.

My interests are mostly in history, politics, and international relations. I'm studying history and politics at university in Scotland, but grew up in the US. I also love to read--I've been working on War and Peace since Christmas. Any Tolstoy fans out there? Brilliant book, can't recommend it highly enough. After I finish that, I'll mostly be buried in exam revision until mid-May, but I want to pick up Midnight's Children and Remains of the Day this summer.

I used to play the saxophone, but it's been a long time since I played. I would love to get back into it, but haven't been able to find the time to practice. I listen to a lot of jazz, and some more typical college-student type music. I enjoy films. I don't get to see as many as I like, but I recently watched Throne of Blood, which was great. Other than that, I like to hang out with my friends in their flats or down the pub, have a few pints, and argue about politics.

How are you guys doing?

Ah... ahoy there matee and welcome aboard the good ship ADISC. Ye can stow your dunnage for'ard and sling your hammock below decks with the 'fore mast jacks. I'm sure the rest of your shipmates will be thankful for thy company and shall pass their greetings along in due time.

Be mindful of Cap'n Moo and his Mates... keep your nose clean... and don't drink too much of the grog. You'll do just fine.
    Last edited by Darkfinn; 20-Mar-2008 at 15:30.

Welcome to our community! I hope you enjoy it here!

Which state did you grow up in?

Thanks all! Virginia, Eclipse. Don't get more specific than that, though.

Hi Mingus and welcome did you know that my best friend plays the saxophone and my uncle is in a band, well the leader of the band, and he also plays the saxophone

Matrix Blade

Welcome to the site. Post around and have a great time