Thread: Just about out the door again!

Default Just about out the door again!

We're about to go on our second trip of the summer this time to Calgary, Alberta, Canada (1900 - 2500 mi. trip) to see our daughter and son-in-law and my red-haired 4 1/2 year old grand daughter, Libby. (She nearly broke my heart on the phone, when she asked me to come up and see her while she's still "little"). She starts 1/2 day Kindergarten in a French immersion classroom in September. I'm going to ask her teacher, Madam Claire, if I can read Abiyoyo to her class (As long as I don't have to read it in French).

We'll be heading up to Tacoma, Washington (Puyallup, actually) to spend a few days with my youngest son, his wife, my grandson (Gavin 7 years old) and my new grandson, Tristan (now 7 months old). We're going to have/prepare a Sushi blowout meal (Both my boys are crazy about sushi) for our big reunion dinner.

Already have my home-made pizza dough made up for Calzones for one of the nights; Italian Sausage, Prosciutto, Canadian Bacon, sweet onions, green and red peppers mushroom, mozzarella, parmesan, asagio,and home-made marinara, calzones are usually a big hit.

We'll be shopping (yeah! Toys-R-Us) and partying the whole time. (never around during christmas or their birthdays, so this is a perfect time to lavish attention on my kids and grand kids).

Monday morning, we fly from SeaTac to Calgary where my step daughter and son in law will be picking us up. We are all chefs, so we'll be doing a lot of exotic cooking (Indian, Cajun, Greek, Russian, Thai/Vietnamese/Cambodian,German, Italian) for the 2 weeks we're there. While Dean is working (Runs a restaurant) , we'll be visiting Libby's school and seeing all the sites in and around Calgary (They already have bus passes for our stay). I haven't been in Alberta since I was 8 years old when we went on a family vacation in the Canadian Rockies to Banff, Jasper and Revelstoke. We'll be doing that major trip next Summer (2010).

After we fly back, we will be staying with my son again in Puyallup before heading back to Eugene, OR for a baby shower for my nephews wife and new baby (due in November) (My brother and sister-in-laws first grand baby, Lilyanna).

Finally, we'll be back home in Wolf Creek to settle in for the winter season.

I'll be posting again around October - see you guys later.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, DR! Awww...your grand daughter, Libby, sounds really sweet. Kids are so neat at that age. I know she'll hate to see you leave when it's time to return home. Maybe you can retire soon and have more time to spend with your grand kids?