Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Food you could eat yourself silly with.

Default Food you could eat yourself silly with.

So I just ate 5 tomatoes, because I love tomatoes. I eat them like apples with a little salt on them. Yum. :3

I could honestly eat some more, but I don't have anymore. Alas.

So I was wondering, what foods can you eat and eat and eat?
    I don't mean favorite food, because sometimes you can only eat so much of a favorite.

Fresh off the stalk sweet corn. (boiled or grilled)

Flan / Creme Caramel (egg custard like with a caramelized sugar sauce that is OMG)

Fresh boiled shrimp. I have hurt myself doing this.

It's like you go into a feeding frenzy when you sit down, they taste sooooo gooooood!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Fresh off the stalk sweet corn. (boiled or grilled)

Flan / Creme Caramel (egg custard like with a caramelized sugar sauce that is OMG)

It's like you go into a feeding frenzy when you sit down, they taste sooooo gooooood!
    Agh, I love corn! I think I agree with you on that one. But I've never had flan. I will have to try it sometime.

Hmm, the shrimp is good. Maybe raw oysters on the halfshell with a little lemon and tobasco.

No, better yet, Krystal hamburgers (like White Castle, except with no holes in the patty). I have been known to buy an entire case and eat it while driving on really long drives.

Cheese toasties!
    I just had one a minute ago, and I could so have another.

Another vote for corn-on-the-cob!

Plus:

Shrimp Salad
    Oyster Stew
    Crab Cakes

I make my own seafood dishes and have to control myself while preparing them, so they'll be some left for the rest of the family.

~Pramrider

Pramrider, you are a true Marylander through and through! Where's your favorite place to get crab cakes in the area?

Olivia, I absolutely love roasted cherry tomatoes with a bit of parmesan cheese. Roasted right on the vine!

Other foods? Radishes with salt. Celery with peanut butter. Lucky Charms. Jolly Ranchers! Macaroni and cheese mixed with peas and tuna salad. Deviled eggs! Rare steak. Clementine oranges!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post

Yes. But I'd add creme brulé to that list.

My parents and I lived off of fresh-caught (we went out to a trawler as it came in and bought a garbage-bag full) shrimp about 22 years ago (sigh) in Florida.

Charlie F.: Cheese on toast is a wonderful, fabulous thing, but I like it best when it's on bread that you have to slice yourself. Probably because that brings back memories of eating it at my grandmother's.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    Pramrider, you are a true Marylander through and through! Where's your favorite place to get crab cakes in the area?
    My favorite place for crab cakes already prepared is Phillip's Seafood. Haven't been to the one at Harborplace in Baltimore since moving to SoMD years ago, but usually get them at the Ocean City Phillip's when we vacation there. I've tried crab cakes at a couple local restaurants near us and they were OK, except one place put minced onion in them....YUCK!!! Talk about killing the taste of the crab meat!

And another note about corn. I love yellow sweet corn the best - has meatier kernels IMO - but MD is noted for Silver Queen white corn and it's very hard to find a roadside market selling fresh picked yellow corn varieties. My farming father-in-law, while he was still living, used to always grow yellow corn, and you know I loved going to visit the in-laws come Summer to feast on his yellow sweet corn!

~Pramrider