Thread: broke my pc, but i dont want to repair it...

kainfx

Default broke my pc, but i dont want to repair it...

i repair alot computers at my work every day, i guess thats the reason i dont want to repair my own ^^, what is the best way to get a computer ixed if you dont want to do it yourself ?

I agree with Valerye, if you can fix it yourself then there's no reason to pay someone else to do it for you. If you really must get someone else to repair it... pay your co-workers!

The best way to get it fixed depends on how it's broken!

More details needed!

Error404

Two words.

Lump hammer.

God, do I know that feeling.

I used to be really into computers about ten years ago (you know, when it was awesome to have a Pentium II). I built a computer about five years ago and felt like the total shit, because it was crazy-super-awesome and it made me flex my geek muscles like cray-zay.

Then it got old. And then, about two months ago, it died. It would get to the motherboard identification screen and then just not continue on.

"Tough shit," I thought. I unplugged the bitch, chucked it in my storage space, and don't intend to look at the thing until I rip all the shit ouf its case so I can use the case for something else. Could I fix it? Probably. Do I need it? No. Should I fix it? Likely.

Will I? No. Too fucking lazy. Too tired of computers. They piss me off.

To make matters worse, I'm about to go do what geeks don't like -- I'm about to traipse my ass right into Best Buy and buy a prebuilt machine right off of the shelf. Blasphemy, I know, but I don't want some brutal piece of gaming ridiculousness. If it can process whole words and check my e-mail, then that's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    God, do I know that feeling.

I used to be really into computers about ten years ago (you know, when it was awesome to have a Pentium II). I built a computer about five years ago and felt like the total shit, because it was crazy-super-awesome and it made me flex my geek muscles like cray-zay.

Then it got old. And then, about two months ago, it died. It would get to the motherboard identification screen and then just not continue on.

"Tough shit," I thought. I unplugged the bitch, chucked it in my storage space, and don't intend to look at the thing until I rip all the shit ouf its case so I can use the case for something else. Could I fix it? Probably. Do I need it? No. Should I fix it? Likely.

Will I? No. Too fucking lazy. Too tired of computers. They piss me off.

To make matters worse, I'm about to go do what geeks don't like -- I'm about to traipse my ass right into Best Buy and buy a prebuilt machine right off of the shelf. Blasphemy, I know, but I don't want some brutal piece of gaming ridiculousness. If it can process whole words and check my e-mail, then that's all I need.
    Boy, I'm glad I was wearing a diaper when I read this post, because hearing someone speak of paying overpriced prices from Best Buy for underperforming crap, almost made me sh*t myself. If you know how to build it, there is no way you should ever be buying prefab shit again.

And the best way to fix it if you don't want to, is to take it to [if you have it], a local PC repair clinic, like at a college. At mine, we haave a place where people bring their computers for the students to fix. They get a fixed computer, and the students get experience. Of course, just remember the golden rule: If you want it done right, you've gotta do it yourself. =)

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawes View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

at least go to ecollegePC

Question for OP.

You work at your job where you repair PC's every day, and you are asking us WHERE to repair your pc?

It just looks like the biggest oxy-moron ever.

Do you work in a PC repair shop? Do you have friends that you work with that also repair PC's?

Falkio

What about getting a co-worker to perform the repairs? If that will not work, I would honestly just do it myself. Assuming the system isn't totally FUBAR, replacing suspected bad parts for known good parts makes for a quick fix. Either way, it shouldn't cost a whole lot, or be very labor intensive. Fixing computers all day, every day must get monotonous. I see where you're coming from.

PC repair shops are pricey though! They generally give you more than you need at a higher rate. DIY is the way to go, I think.