Thread: Another Newbie!

Default Another Newbie!

Greetings everyone!
    I've been lurking around the forums for a couple weeks and haven't ever really been much of a poster ... dunno why, perhaps it's my introverted personality ... /shrugs.

Anyhow... Hello! I'm generally horrible at introductions so I'll just tell ya a bit about myself I guess. I'm a 'gay' male and live in Upstate New York a bit south of Albany. I've lived in several different parts of the country over the last 10 years and have finally found a place I like and am looking forward to finally settling in for a bit!

Yes ... I said 'gay' as I don't really feel I fit the stereotypical 'gay' moniker that society uses. I do appreciate and find men attractive in all manners, but I don't let it define who I am. I view myself more as a man who loves men more so than a gay man. Anyways, enough about the politics. =)

I've been a DL for ... sheesh ... going on 20 years now? I'm not sure how I really got into them, but once I did, it's been very difficult to get away from them. This again, doesn't define who I am, it's just a piece of me. I've not really gotten into the AB thing, but I have found recently that I do find a bit of comfort sucking on my thumb as I try to get to sleep. As well as desiring a bottle or paci lately. Maybe I just haven't admitted it to myself yet! =)

As for hobbies, I have a tendency to get swallowed into the digital realm by an addictive little game called World of Warcraft. I'm sure some of you have heard of it. Outside of my geekery (is that even a word?), I do enjoy being outside and would love to get into hiking and camping again. It's just not as enjoyable when you try doing it alone. I also enjoy cooking and going out for the occasional meal too!

Eventually, I would love to find the right guy to maybe have a relationship, but so far, that hasn't worked out well without the DL thing kinda turning them off. Oh well, I'll find someone eventually that can stand it and my geekery. =) Until then, I'm up for making some friends and maybe getting together now and then.

Hello again and glad to be here!

Hey Dan! Always kool to see DL's in New York!!

Good luck and I am sure you will make new friends from "all over" the world!!