Thread: How much?

Default How much?

I might have a possibly promotion at work. The job position I might get is a management position, a Web Manager. How much do they normally get paid, like per hour wise?

I have no college degree and I have experience of running 5 websites, a total of 3 years of web management experience.

My boss doesn't know what they are usually paid and he just wants me to give him a wage that seems fair. All I could really find was yearly salary for people with a 4 year web design degree, etc.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

It'd depend quite a bit on the size of the company, how important their web site is, and what it needs to do. When you say web manager, you mean webmaster? I think most are probably not paid by the hour, though I could be wrong. I think you need to give a better idea of what the scope of the job is and your role in things.

it is a landscaping corporation and very big one, the site needs a total "makeover" I would be updating the site, doing diagnostics on it, constantly updating it and just generally running it. There is no current webmaster and my boss would like to get one b/c the site looks like a 5 yr. old made it(very out dated)

He won;t pay me yearly, b/c as of right now i am only part time as a laborer at the company. I was thinking like suggesting I get between $10-17 per hour.

You might be able to get that. As a web designer, portfolio is important. If you've got some other nifty sites you've built, send them his way so he can have a look. If he likes your work, he'll probably be willing to pay more. If you're pretty new, you could always settle for less and use this one in your portfolio later.

that is why he recommended me to do this job. He likes my work, it is still up in the air position, but it may happen. I would like to have a management position at age 17 =D