Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice?

Default Advice?

I went to dinner with my friend tonight (guy) and I was able to have a stress free conversation, make stupid jokes, and just talk about a ton of stuff. What I don't get is why when talking to a girl, how come I get choke up and can't think of anything except for how is the weather and how are you doing to say? Is it just a brain malfunction? a past experience I had? Am I just stupid?

Is there some drugs, a doctor, or something that can fix this? If there is please please please tell me where I can find them!!!

Does anyone else get like this around girls?

think of them as people, friends, NOT just girls.

i know if i think about how cute a guy is, etc... i kinda get that way sometimes with guys when i first meet them. not to that degree by any means, but i'll do silly things that i don't mean to, or say dumb things. but if i just make myself remember we're just friends, and he's a person, we can just shoot the shit like i do with anyone else.

I must be sick or something, b/c every time I attempt to talk to one all I ever can get my mouth to say is "hey, whats up"

girl "not much, you"

me "same" Well see ya

that's it! I was able to get a girl to laugh at something I said once, and I nearly had a heart attack. I just don't see why I am like this.

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Am I just stupid?
    Yes. At your age, most people are.

Is there some drugs, a doctor, or something that can fix this? If there is please please please tell me where I can find them!!!
    Yes. The best drug for this is self-confidence. This does not mean being a dick-face; it just means being comfortable in yourself and not hanging your entire existence on THAT GIRL liking you. The truth is that very few people you meet now will follow you through your life; this doesn't mean that you should abuse them, but it does give leeway in taking things a bit less seriously.

As the 'net might ask:

Why so srs?

I've done some pretty stupid stuff around girls before. I know, I know, you'd never expect that coming from smooth-talking chillhouse. I've never been choked up, but I have said and done some stupid things that I'm trying to erase out of my memory.

All you can do is practise, my friend. Don't be afraid. They are just people, after all, and they won't bite you.

I have definitly had the same problem before.I relaxed as i got older and had no problem talking to them.

Make sure to "take care" of yourself before you go out with someone you are attracted to for the first time. Its a good way to clear your mind so you can focus on something other than the raw sexual tension the entire evening. :P

DominatingMommy

It's because you are over thinking it. Girls are people too. Some of us enjoy stupid jokes, fart humor, and other ridiculous guy stuff. I will admit that we are a rare breed, but we do exist. Try talking to a girl like you would a guy. See what happens.

Yeh, we're not all that different. Remember to let her talk lots: girls love to talk! Ask her what shes been upto, and then ask her questions about it, dont just say "cool". Ask her what she bought if she went shopping, what she thought of the movie she went to see, what she did with the kids when she was babysitting, and soon a conversation will just flow.

I must be sick or something, b/c every time I attempt to talk to one all I ever can get my mouth to say is "hey, whats up"

girl "not much, you"

me "same" Well see ya

that's it! I was able to get a girl to laugh at something I said once, and I nearly had a heart attack. I just don't see why I am like this.
    I see nothing has changed since I was your age, I'm still the same way with women in general, I find it much easyer to talk to guys and I'm not all that good, with guys, if I don't know the subject we talk about very well.

I can talk all day to someone about cars, but other than that I'm lost, perhaps you can find a girl that is interested in the same things your are and it will help you talk to her as a freind and not a girl.