Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where, O-Where have all of the pull-ups gone???

Default Where, O-Where have all of the pull-ups gone???

Where, O-Where have all of the pull-ups gone??? says it all! Maybe it is because I grew up in the pull-ups generation, my earliest memories of wearing diapers was when I was in pullups, and throughout my entire preteen and teenage years I was in goodnites, and now I come to ask myself where have all of the pullups gone?

Granted I'm not "big", I'm not overweight, im an average 20 year old guy, but there are absolutly no more actual pull-ups type diapers for some one such as myself. I can fit into goodnites, kind of, but they are too tight, and are not tall enough, and everything else is way too small...

I know there are the traditional "pull-on adult diapers" avaliable, but lets face it, those are not pull-ups, they are geriatric (senior citizen) diapers. They are all ruffuly, one size fits all, white, leaky and they just scream old people diaper. As far as I can find, and it seems hard to believe, no one on earth produces an adult pull-up like traditional pull-ups today... Is it that hard to believe? Fitted non-ruffly sides, colorful prints, leak guards etc???

Again maybe it's just me, but if something like that existed I would buy cases of those, is it just me? What about all of the other pull-ups generation kids out there??? I can't be the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    I know there are the traditional "pull-on adult diapers" avaliable, but lets face it, those are not pull-ups, they are geriatric (senior citizen) diapers. They are all ruffuly, one size fits all, white, leaky and they just scream old people diaper. As far as I can find, and it seems hard to believe, no one on earth produces an adult pull-up like traditional pull-ups today... Is it that hard to believe? Fitted non-ruffly sides, colorful prints, leak guards etc???
    What? I always found them somewhat girly rather than old. I think it's just modern advertisement's brainwashing that adult diapers are only for old people. Or maybe positive thinking on my part. Or both. I do know what you mean about wanting prints though, but the market probably isn't very big.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 05-Sep-2009 at 03:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    What? I always found them somewhat girly rather than old. I think it's just modern advertisement's brainwashing that adult diapers are only for old people. Or maybe positive thinking. Or both. I do know what you mean about wanting prints though, but the market probably isn't very big.
    Well it's also the shape and feel; I mean look at a pull-up or a goodnite, then look at one of the adult diaper briefs; it's not even close; prints aside. The old goodnites were all white, and those were great. The adult v. kidsare just too different, some of the differences:

*the padding on kids pullups went all the way to the top of the pullup
    *the padding on adult pullups stops, and then there is just the cover the rest of the way

*the sides on kids pullups are flat & stretchy and form fitting
    *the sides on adult pullups are all ruffully and loose, and somewhat transparent

*the sizes on kids pullups were actual sizes; 30-45lbs 80-100lbs or whatever
    *the sizes on adult pullups are way too big and loose; 28-36in etc.

*the feel on kids pullups (at least for me) has always felt just right, tight but not too tight, loose but not too loose
    *the feel on adult pullups (at least for me) has always been too loose, and too big

And not to mention, like you said with advertising, the adult diapers are marketed towards older adults, and kids are marketed towards kids. I'm a kid not an adult, or at least I want to feel like I am a kid not an old adult. And on another argument, if you look at so many kids these days, many won't even fit into goodnites or pullups when they are that age. Where, o-where have all of the pull-ups gone?

I agree. I've been trying to find adult-sized pullups without the ruffles, with padding all the way up the back, and with leak guards, but haven't had any luck. I can fit the XL Goodnites, but since they switched to the 'trim fit' design, they've been too low-cut on me. But the adult pullups available in stores are all just too big. The last adult pullups I tried were Depends readjustable underwear, and the only reason the smallest size didn't fall off of me was because of the velcro tapes.

I looked at the pullups at XP Medical (XP Medical - Pull Up Disposable Protective Underwear) and they have smaller sizes and some have leak guards. Unfortunately all have the ruffles. I think they're made like that to allow for a greater range of stretch, so that more sizes can be accommodated. But it sucks when you're right between sizes (30/32" waist), 'cuz none of them really fit well.

When I was a kid, toddlers wore cloth training pants. They basically were twice as thick, had no fly, and had childish prints on them. I believe they still make them, but of course they are too small for teenagers or adults.

I can remember when I started kindergarten there was a small boy in our class who still wore them. We discovered this when we all went to the boys room for the first time. Some of the kids started to make fun of him, but he said that because he was so small, his parents couldn't find regular underwear to fit him. I remember that I so wanted his training pants.

That said, you can get adult cloth pull ups which resemble training pants, and if you like cloth, still have that wonderful experience!

If a company like Bambino ever made goodnite like or pullup like training pants for adults I would buy them in a heart beat. I was a pullups/goodnites kid growing up and would love to have them for day time pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygon View Post
    I agree. I've been trying to find adult-sized pullups without the ruffles, with padding all the way up the back, and with leak guards, but haven't had any luck. I can fit the XL Goodnites, but since they switched to the 'trim fit' design, they've been too low-cut on me. But the adult pullups available in stores are all just too big. The last adult pullups I tried were Depends readjustable underwear, and the only reason the smallest size didn't fall off of me was because of the velcro tapes.

I looked at the pullups at XP Medical (XP Medical - Pull Up Disposable Protective Underwear) and they have smaller sizes and some have leak guards. Unfortunately all have the ruffles. I think they're made like that to allow for a greater range of stretch, so that more sizes can be accommodated. But it sucks when you're right between sizes (30/32" waist), 'cuz none of them really fit well.
    I agree, one of the biggest things is the look and feel, I'm from the pull-ups generation, and there was no such thing as ruffles, or all of the new stuff. It was just plain and simple dependable pull-ups. I have looked everywhere too, I have even looked all over the world (I have had to translate way too many websites from other contries in order to read about their diapers) and still no success!?! Nobody makes them! And yeah I have seen the cloth outter diapers with the tabs, but those are not pull-ups they are adult diapers still. I can kind of fit into the goodnites XL, but they are just not tall enough. Although lately I have been wanting pull-ups so much, I took some of the left over goodnites XL with the BMX prints, and took two, cut one down the bottom, so the sides were intact, put that on, then a regular goodnite on over that so I could pull the cut one up to make it higher and that worked, but its still not the same... It shouldn't be this hard to find a pair of pull-ups!

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    If a company like Bambino ever made goodnite like or pullup like training pants for adults I would buy them in a heart beat. I was a pullups/goodnites kid growing up and would love to have them for day time pants.
    I know this is a huge nitch in the market, and a company with the equipment to make them could make millions world wide. Both for the AB/DL?TB community, but aswell as teenagers and larger kids that wet the bed/have accidents, special needs people. If I had the money, I would love to start a business making pullups, alas unfortunatly I don't have the money or a factory

Are there any millionaires out there willing to finance a new pull-ups company?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    When I was a kid, toddlers wore cloth training pants. They basically were twice as thick, had no fly, and had childish prints on them. I believe they still make them, but of course they are too small for teenagers or adults.

I can remember when I started kindergarten there was a small boy in our class who still wore them. We discovered this when we all went to the boys room for the first time. Some of the kids started to make fun of him, but he said that because he was so small, his parents couldn't find regular underwear to fit him. I remember that I so wanted his training pants.

That said, you can get adult cloth pull ups which resemble training pants, and if you like cloth, still have that wonderful experience!
    Yeah I have seen all of the cloth adult training pants, but they just aren't for me. Like I said, I grew up in disposible pull-ups, and wanna be back in them. I have worn cloth diapers once, and when I was young I have turned an old pair of underware into a makeshift cloth training pant, but it's just not the same, for me at least. I'm not Generation X or Generation Y, I am a Pull-Ups Generation Boy :P
    Last edited by Trevor; 05-Sep-2009 at 17:54. Reason: merging posts: bang the posts together, guys!

I put it in as a suggestion to Bambinos a while ago but nothing ever came of it sadly, thus far anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by blues_clues_baby View Post
    I put it in as a suggestion to Bambinos a while ago but nothing ever came of it sadly, thus far anyways.
    Well I'm pretty sure they buy their diapers from a company, that is already stock rather then make them themselves. I'm pretty sure they don't make any of their own diapers, so if they were to sell pull-ups then they would have to buy them from a manufacturer, which as we have discussed doesn't seem to exist. And that's also the problem with the whole pink bambinos; they could put pink plastic over them; but they can't manufacture them pink, because they don't manufacture them, they source them.

Unhappy

I guess there simply is nothing out there I have seen quite a few other similar posts. Wont somebody please just make adult versions of pullups or goodnites!?! Not granny-panties, real pull-ups!!