Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Cured" in 21 days?

DGNJ

Default "Cured" in 21 days?

Hello,

My name is Andrew and I'm 21 years old.

I've been a DL for most of my life and I know that exact time I started to like diapers.

I was about 5 or 6, my parents were getting divorced (it was a rough divorce) and I happened upon an old package of diapers from when I was a baby. For some reason, I had an urge to wear the diapers. So I went to ask my mom if I could wear one around the house for fun. She was a little reluctant (because of was 5 or 6) but she said okay, but as long as I didn't goo to the bathroom in the diaper.

So I wore the diaper and loved the feeling. I remember sitting in my room at night watching TV with just a tshirt and diaper on. I loved the warm, soft feeling, and I loved the smooth plastic outside.

I went to sleep with the diaper on and wore the other ones in the package for as long as I could.

I was hooked and wanted to wear all the time.

Eventually the diapers ran out and that was it. But I couldn't stop my desire to wear.

On and off throughout the years I would steal diapers from my little cousins and try to squeeze into them. They never fit and I never got to wear them again.

I hoped to outgrow the desire. It would come and go, sometimes it would disappear for a long time.

I had the urge throughout my teens and would try to find ways that would allow me to wear diapers. I was often sick and had surgeries often. I would use that as an excuse and told my mother I probable won't be able to get up to go to the bathroom so I would need diapers. She never budged and thought it was kind of weird.

In my late teens the urge seemed to go away but now at 21 it's back again. I really don't like having it and I wished that it would just go away. But I just can't resist the soft, warm feeling.

Anyway, I wanted to get your opinions. Do you think if I were to buy one package of Goodnites and wear them everyday for 21 days, that I would get over the urge? I feel like if I just wear good fitting diapers for one last time and 24/7 for a few weeks that I can get it off my mind. And when I say 24/7 I don't mean using them as toilet, because then I might begin to lose bladder control, I mean using them as underwear.

Thanks so much for your help and time!

First off Welcome!

I don't think that a 21 day wearing will cure you, I think that you should take a look into the binge purge cycle that occurs with ABDL's. The AB/DL Binge/Purge Cycle

You shouldn't feel that this is something to cure but something to embrace/accept and have a healthy interaction with, consider wearing once a week and see how that goes to satisfy some of your urges.

I thought that I wanted to wear every day but after wearing continously for 2 weekends I decided that it was better to wear on Friday night and Saturday day, this allowed me some time with my ABDL side and some time with my regular adult side. I still wear occasionally during the week but not very often.

Hope this helps.

DGNJ

Thanks so much for the welcome.

I really wish that the 21 day wearing would at least satisfy my urge for years to come. I think I would get like you after wearing everyday (get sick of it), but I think I would stop altogether instead of wearing once a week.

For those who embrace wearing diapers, I think that's fantastic, but for me I don't really want to embrace it. I really want to get on with my life and get my career started. I don't want to be a successful, well-known person who wears diapers for enjoyment.

I think that most of us on this site will say the same thing as we experience the same things, that if you have this desire, it most likely will be a part of your life. I've wanted diapers since I was 4 years old, and the desire still stays. There are times that it is stronger, and other times that it is hardly present. This is the binge/purge cycle that was mentioned. It seems to be part of who we are. The best advise is that which NikonFilmPhotog gave, and that is to live with it in some sort of balance.

I'm sure there are famous people out there who have the same feelings, and like all of us, they hide it from others. It's not a good feeling to think that we have to do this sneaking around from the general population, but it's a fact of life. And if it makes you feel better, there are plenty of worse conditions that people endure, so it could be worse. This one harms no one, and gives some comfort, satisfaction and peace of mind. In the big picture, what's wrong with that? I wish you well in dealing with this. As a kid, I had to deal with it, living and growing up in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by DGNJ View Post
    I really want to get on with my life and get my career started. I don't want to be a successful, well-known person who wears diapers for enjoyment.
    Who says you have to tell anyone? Just keep your career life and personal life separate.

careybw

I tried something like that a few years ago. Wore diapers to bed every night for 2 years, thinking it would 'cure' me of my desires. It didn't cure, but curbed my fantasies/extremes with diapers. Now, I am trying to quit again, and I have hit that point where every part of me is screaming to go buy diapers and wear 24/7. I will say my diaper desires killed my GPA in college, and I barely graduated by the skin of my teeth. Still trying to find that balance, and fortunately I have a wife now who is helping me find that. Even if I manage to overcome this addiction, the desires will never go away.

I really wish that the 21 day wearing would at least satisfy my urge for years to come. I think I would get like you after wearing everyday (get sick of it), but I think I would stop altogether instead of wearing once a week.
    It's not too likely it will work like that. I did find that having the option to wear when I chose after getting out on my own greatly reduced the nagging desire to do so. I still enjoy them but it's just not a big deal and while I probably wear once a week, I could very easily go longer due to lack of interest, being busy, or whatever.

For those who embrace wearing diapers, I think that's fantastic, but for me I don't really want to embrace it. I really want to get on with my life and get my career started. I don't want to be a successful, well-known person who wears diapers for enjoyment.
    Heard this kind of thing before. You're nothing special in wanting to be...special. People aren't perfect. Everyone has things they don't want to share for whatever reason. Most of us aren't looking to proclaim our love of diapers to the heavens and walk down main street with nothing but a diaper and a binky. You're being told to embrace it because it's a part of you. If you are hetero, you probably are either a legs, breasts, or ass man. Would you spend time trying to "cure" yourself from being a leg man? This desire is harmless in and of itself, although given the onus that society puts on it, it's better to keep private for the most part. The real harm is what pain you will bring yourself trying to banish it.

If you push hard, you can stop yourself wearing, but if you're one of us, you're probably not going to stop the desire. Ultimately you have to decide if it's worth the unpleasantness of denying yourself. It's like anything else, sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't.

Thanks so much for the welcome.

I agree you would likely get sick of it if you wore everyday, but I think you are wrong if you believe it will make it go away altogether. Think of it like this: When you were young you had these desires, you tell us that you got to wear the nappies, but you also told us that the desire was still there afterwards. If wearing them then didn't get rid of the desire, it is unlikely to do so now, especially as it is a deeper part of you.

Here you seem to have fallen into a false dichotomy. You are assuming that either you embrace nappies, or you become successful, this is most certainly false. If you stay on the site and look round a while you will find many people who have managed to be successful and embrace their desires.
    The secret is to achieve a healthy balance, so that you wear enough to satisfy yourself, but not too much so that it gets in the way of other things.

Go ahead, become successful, no-one is going to know what your private interests are. Think of your idol or someone you look up to, do you know what their fetish / pleasureable activities are? No, but I bet they have them.

If you are really bothered then it's likely because you feel you need to much of this to satisfy yourself, if that is the case then a therapist might be able to help you cut down a bit.

Oh, and welcome to the site .

no, it probably won't make your desires go away. but what the heck, maybe you should give it a try anyway and prove to yourself one way or the other whether it'll work.

many people on this site have tried all sorts of cockamamey schemes trying to get rid of their interests. countless times when i was younger i would throw everything away and vow never to wear diapers again. i'm a very strong-willed person, and i poured everything i had into those vows, but i was never able to keep them.

eventually i realized i was just making myself unhappy going to war with myself like that, and i started working instead on coming to terms with a part of myself that embarassed and disgusted me.

Welcome to ADISC!

I remember When I was around 12-13 I would look in the mirror and think to my self,

"When I'm older in just a couple years, I'll look back and laugh at this ridiculous phase!"

I'm 17 now and that definitely was not a phase. Anyway, like woodland said, if you really can't find a balance, try talking to a therapist, they always help.