Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: gays in the military

  1. #1

    Default gays in the military

    what are your views on the possibility of gays being alowed to serve openly?

    foxkitty (gay deployed soldier)

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by foxkitty View Post
    what are your views on the possibility of gays being alowed to serve openly?

    foxkitty (gay deployed soldier)
    In a combat theatre, I don't care WHO is covering my ass, and I doubt that they're looking at it and thinking, "yummy!"

    What they're probably thinking is, "shit! Gotta reload. NOW!"

    Outside of active combat, I still wouldn't care--as long as no one is being hit on or harassed (and this goes for hetero troops, too), I could care less. Actually, let's take the "hetero-fear" approach: some gay guy thinks he has a future with me because of my rockin' man-meat. Fine--if this makes him work that much harder on the battlefield to save me, I'm good with that.

    Point being, I don't care. These are the people upon whom your life may well depend. I'd much prefer a cohesive team of people I can trust who enjoy taking it in the butt than a team of people I'm not 100% sure of who like the vag. This is a false dichotomy, but I'm making the point to illustrate my thinking on the matter.

    Gay, straight, bi, asexual, producing via polyps, I really don't care as long as it doesn't degrade the esprit de corps or set up rivalries.

  3. #3

    Default

    For my opinion on this, I'll just quote comedian Bill Hicks:

    Anyone...dumb enough to want to serve in the military should be allowed.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    In a combat theatre, I don't care WHO is covering my ass, and I doubt that they're looking at it and thinking, "yummy!"

    What they're probably thinking is, "shit! Gotta reload. NOW!"

    Outside of active combat, I still wouldn't care--as long as no one is being hit on or harassed (and this goes for hetero troops, too), I could care less. Actually, let's take the "hetero-fear" approach: some gay guy thinks he has a future with me because of my rockin' man-meat. Fine--if this makes him work that much harder on the battlefield to save me, I'm good with that.

    Point being, I don't care. These are the people upon whom your life may well depend. I'd much prefer a cohesive team of people I can trust who enjoy taking it in the butt than a team of people I'm not 100% sure of who like the vag. This is a false dichotomy, but I'm making the point to illustrate my thinking on the matter.

    Gay, straight, bi, asexual, producing via polyps, I really don't care as long as it doesn't degrade the esprit de corps or set up rivalries.
    h3g3l says it perfectly for me and, you don't need to be straight to shoot straight!

    Also I'm not going to serve my country when I'm treated like a second class citizen in my country. The USA needs to get a few things taken care of and then I am more than happy to defend my country but I'm getting past the age that they would like to take in as new soldiers.

  5. #5

    Default

    I have to disagree since the majority is straight and some straight people will get discomfort from serving with people they know are gay. If our soldiers are uncomfortable with the people in their unit their performance on the battlefield will go down.

    I don't get why it is so important for gay people to be talking about the fact that they are gay. If they want to serve they can. The military is not about accepting one another or about who you are as a person, it is about fighting for your country witch gets don't better if gays that are in the military aren't open about their sexuality.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by genbaby View Post
    I have to disagree since the majority is straight and some straight people will get discomfort from serving with people they know are gay. If our soldiers are uncomfortable with the people in their unit their performance on the battlefield will go down.
    If somebody is so sensitive that the mere concept of being in the vicinity of a gay person makes them uncomfortable, something tells me they don't have what it takes to be in the army anyway.

    Also, by your reasoning, why not turn the army into a homogeneous group of white christian males altogether? That way none of them needs to feel uncomfortable being around blacks, hispanics, asians, jews or muslims either.



    Quote Originally Posted by genbaby View Post
    I don't get why it is so important for gay people to be talking about the fact that they are gay. If they want to serve they can. The military is not about accepting one another or about who you are as a person, it is about fighting for your country witch gets don't better if gays that are in the military aren't open about their sexuality.
    For most gay people it's not important at all. What is important is not having to hide it.

    For example: A gay guy and a straight guy are talking about their significant others while driving a supply truck or whatever. Should the gay guy in you opinion have to turn his boyfriend into a girlfriend in the conversation just to keep himself from getting kicked out of the military?

  7. #7

    Default

    I find it morally wrong and against my bible thumping Christian ways.
    it's like I do not want Fags to serve because my lord says that Man shall not lye with another man. If we let gays in that's all they would be doing. I don't think gays should be allowed to serve in any military way at all. They should seek help for their psychiatric problems and the tax payers should not have to foot the bill. Homosexuality is a choice made by perverts. Perverts belong in prison. Nuff Said !Additionally, the Gays in the US accounts for 60% of the world’s reported HIV/AIDS cases. This might just be because we have a better reporting system but no matter the reason, the fact is allowing homosexual men to serve would increase the likeliness that emergency transfusions would result in the transmission of the AIDS virus.
    Like gays should not be allowed to serve too because they
    Raise gay kids
    Beat their husbands more.
    Rape kids more.
    Abuse kids more.
    Abuse there guy friends
    Teach kids it is ok to BE gay then go say it is not a choice


    Because like you know I CHOSE to be strait.






    Anything else you want to know?

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Valerye View Post
    I find it morally wrong and against my bible thumping Christian ways.
    it's like I do not want Fags to serve because my lord says that Man shall not lye with another man. If we let gays in that's all they would be doing. I don't think gays should be allowed to serve in any military way at all. They should seek help for their psychiatric problems and the tax payers should not have to foot the bill. Homosexuality is a choice made by perverts. Perverts belong in prison. Nuff Said !Additionally, the Gays in the US accounts for 60% of the world’s reported HIV/AIDS cases. This might just be because we have a better reporting system but no matter the reason, the fact is allowing homosexual men to serve would increase the likeliness that emergency transfusions would result in the transmission of the AIDS virus.
    Like gays should not be allowed to serve too because they
    Raise gay kids
    Beat their husbands more.
    Rape kids more.
    Abuse kids more.
    Abuse there guy friends
    Teach kids it is ok to BE gay then go say it is not a choice


    Because like you know I CHOSE to be strait.






    Anything else you want to know?
    Holy shit.

    *runs to the bomb shelter*

  9. #9

    Default

    Sarcasm Great thing is it not. :3

    Oh, And those are parts of real arguments..........Including the aids crap about The USA having the highest....Even though We do nor. WTF is wrong with some people.

  10. #10
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    Valerye: I hate to burst your shining, boiling bubble of religious homophobic bigotry, but I have no choice.

    I work for the Department of Corrections. I haven't yet come across a case in which a gay man was the child molester in a molestation case. It's *always* been a heterosexual -- typically a while, male, middle-aged heterosexual. Furthermore, these sex offenders are typically fundamentalist Christians.

    I've known several homosexuals that have served iin the military just fine. Additionally, other countries (most notably Israel) has no problem letting gays serve in the military. And considering that Israel is surrounded by hostile nations on all sides, you can hardly make the case that inclusion of gays has somehow dilluted the Israeli military effectiveness.

    You say that gays raise kids to be gay. Do you have any facts, or are you just relying on hate? I'm gay but my parents were straight. One of my closest friends is straight but he was raised by his mom and her life-partner who have been together nearly 30 years. Whether someone is gay or straight is just a roll of the dice.

    Oh, you won't have much luck forcing gays into psychological "treatment" either. Homosexuality hasn't been considered an illness since the 1970s. You could always crack open the DSM-IV and find out for yourself.

    AIDS hasn't been a gay-only phenomenon for over 30 years. It may have escaped your notice, but it's no longer 1986. Straight people get AIDS too.

    The blood-transfusion fear is bogus too. Blood gets tested for contamination (AIDS, HEP-C, etc) before being used for human use. Besides, as someone who tried to join the military and was turned down for medical reasons (not AIDS, but for clinical depression), I can tell you that someone with AIDS couldn't serve anyway because you have to be healthy and physically fit to enlist.

    Personally, I'm amazed that someone with such vitriolic, hateful views actually comes to a *fetish* forum. Do you not see some hypocrisy here in condemning how other people live while you also live what the mainstream population would consider a significant deviation from the norm?

Similar Threads

  1. military furries??
    By foxkitty in forum Babyfur / Diaperfur
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 15-Jan-2010, 12:34
  2. Military?
    By Twitch in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-Sep-2009, 21:01
  3. Opinion on the Military, especially Air Force
    By datosprivados in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-Feb-2009, 06:51
  4. McDonalds Supporting Gays? BOYCOTT!!
    By Chillhouse in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 15-Jul-2008, 15:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.