Thread: Aion

Default Aion

Home | Aion™ Fantasy MMORPG

I'm pretty interested to try this game out and was wondering if anyone here has preordered it or played in the closed beta. The open beta starts September 6th and I believe the release date is set for the 22nd. I'm really looking forward to see what it's all about.

NCsoft has developed some of my favorite games already and I believe this has the potential to be one of the top MMORPGs. I sure hope I'm not disappointed!

If you haven't played it yet, what are your thoughts on it?

Played in Closed Beta myself. The game is gorgeous in appearance, the combat is pretty fluid and animations are great (Chain combos and the like.) My only complaint is that it feels a bit too much like WoW in the grind department. The flying is pretty cool, but limited (1 minute at a time for starts, but can be upgraded with items at higher levels.)... haven't done the PvP as it's not really my thing... I'll be getting the collector edition, but not sure if I'll play it right away. Currently too busy with City of Heroes and Champions Online... but we shall see.