View Poll Results: Those who tell, are they more likely to be financially successful?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

1 7.69%
  • no

6 46.15%
  • possibly

6 46.15%

Thread: Telling and success ?

Default Telling and success ?

Do you think that people who have "the balls" to tell a parent, friend, or SO are likely to have more success in business or politics? It is claimed that those who are risk takers reap the rewards in the Business and Financial world.

So, those who have told someone about their fetish obviously had read this person well and told them b/c they had collected enough recon. to get an idea of how this person would react. That can be comparable to reading a market or stock as to how well it will work in favor for them.

So, my question is this... are those who tell others a little more likely to be successful in the financial world?

I think it depends a lot on the people who are around you. In some cases it will be less a matter of recon than a matter of trust that the person you tell will respond in way that is safe. If you know someone well you should know whether you can trust them.

Of course it will still be nervewracking to come out an say it. I have told two people in my life and in both cases I was extremely nervous, but in both cases the person responded well. The fact I was nervous actually helped, because they knew I was sharing something that was important to me.

Same with me, I trusted the girl I told, b/c I know what her personality is like, but never the less...it still felt like I was at Bastogne with a T-shirt and Shorts on.

Perhaps, I think those who tell other people are more confident of themselves, and want to gain recognition of the others. But in my opinion this stuff is more close to the emotional success than the finacial one.

Quote Originally Posted by aeiou View Post
    Perhaps, I think those who tell other people are more confident of themselves, and want to gain recognition of the others. But in my opinion this stuff is more close to the emotional success than the finacial one.
    agree with you 100%

I have never told anyone about my AB,DL, babyfur, or possibly being a bisexual(long story).

I am 21, I feel I'm doing very well financially, just landed a job in upper management with the company i work for. I would consider myself a "risk taker" in this aspect of my life, and successful.

however, i have 0 self confidence in the social aspect of my life, and still have trouble accepting my "desires" as something i should continue to act upon.

For those who HAVE told, you know how your loved ones react and can relax more emotionally(if things went well), and relieve some of the anxiety associated with getting caught, and are therefore more emotionally successful in the fact that "the secret is out."

For those who HAVEN'T told, you probably feel more anxiety of getting caught and "coming out." For example; I am constantly worrying about what they'll think. I want to come out, but I worry about how my relationship with them will be affected once they know.

I'm not saying those who HAVE told have it easier, i'm just saying that those who have told are probably more confident with themselves socially than those who HAVEN'T.

People who are truly self-confident have no need to tell anyone. They recognize that this is something personal, and none of other people's business. They don't need people to accept them and all their quirks, so there is no compulsion to divulge them.

That's imho.

It's an equation where the corollary doesn't work.

Those who are successful have confidence and the ability to read people.

Those who have confidence and the ability to read people aren't necessarily successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Codybear View Post
    agree with you 100%

I'm not saying those who HAVE told have it easier, i'm just saying that those who have told are probably more confident with themselves socially than those who HAVEN'T.
    I don't know that I agree completely, I am not socially confident at all & when I decided to tell my wife it wasn't easy for me.

I weighed the reaction I would get if I just came out and told her versus the reaction I would get if she was to catch me. I decided that being honest about my feelings towards diapers would be better in the long run than constantly having to worry about being caught. Plus if ever I was caught the damage that would be done on our relationship would take much longer to repair.

Luckily it turned out to be the right decision because now she feels like I trust her enough that I can tell her anything. I think she is okay with it even though it makes her uncomfortable because deep down she thinks that eventually this will go away.

To add to Bokeh's comment, I think it would be difficult to have to keep something like this hidden from my wife. I would have to worry about being discovered and I really doubt I could keep diapers somewhere in our house without my wife coming across them!

I would also have to deal with the thought that my wife doesn't know everything about me. Every time she said she loved me there would be a little voice in the back of my head asking, but would she love you if she knew you enjoyed wearing diapers? I think it would be easy to start wondering about my desires. The fact that my wife knows about my interests and the fact that she isn't completely freaked out by it really helped me to worry less and simply enjoy it.

That has, I guess, led me to feel more emotional confidence or at least conflict over my desires. But I don't think it has increased my confidence in other areas of my life. I'm still socially awkward and I'm clearly not rich.

Lill