Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to hide the diaper bulge?

Question How to hide the diaper bulge?

I was wondering if anyone had tips on how to hide a diaper bulge out in public? I have found the long dresses that are a few inches past the knee or longer do a a pretty decent job, but I live in a cold climate, and that won't work for the winter coming up.

Elli

I don't know if you're a guy or a girl, so please excuse me for that, but this might work for either...

I am a girl by the way.

Sometimes I'm bothered by the front looking too bulky. I wear (under)pants over the nappy and I prod and pull the front padding straight in the front, so that the bulge is more between my thighs than in front. That doesn't mean wearing the nappy lower or anything, it just squishes the air out and flattens it against you. That doesn't work so well when it's wet though.

There is the option of wearing lower absorbancy nappies, which are thinner. But that sacrifices performance, obviously.

Then, I guess it's all about baggy clothes. And the fit of the clothes. I have some trousers that fit lower, on my hips, and where they pull the padding in, they make it look bulgy, whereas the others, that do up higher, then sort lay against the padding, if you get what I mean.

Well what sort of things do you like to wear in winter? I might be able to get a better idea if I get to know your fashion sense a bit better, but until then, try these tips:

-Wear baggy pants
    -Wear tights if you're okay with that. (or tight thermal underwear)
    -Wear really big jackets or sweaters if you can

Keep in mind that I can't give you a lot of tips since 1. I haven't worn and 2. Because I live in Florida. (I wish I could trade places with you.)

I just wear something thin, and change more often, then that way the only bulge I have to worry about.... well you probably dont need to worry about that kind

I can't how understand how people can think that adding to the bulge can lower the bulge. Wearing underwear/panties/boxers over diapers only adds to the overall bulge. The only way to not get a bulge, is to wear thinner diapers. Sweatpants or Jeans are probably the best ways to go unnoticed, however they're not good for hiding leaks.

The only way you can hide a buldge or a diaper for that matter is loose fitting clothing, I'm small and I wear bigger shirts and pants.

You can barely tell there there, and I always use at least one stuffer so I can have extra time in my diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by diapeybabybrian View Post
    I can't how understand how people can think that adding to the bulge can lower the bulge. Wearing underwear/panties/boxers over diapers only adds to the overall bulge. The only way to not get a bulge, is to wear thinner diapers. Sweatpants or Jeans are probably the best ways to go unnoticed, however they're not good for hiding leaks.
    Not necessarily. If you wear something tight, it's going to compress, such as compression shorts, or a corset. Plus, things like pants and underwear are incredibly thin.

I always wear with a snug fitting undergarment over the diaper when wearing in public. It acts as a compression garment while it is dry, and it will help the diaper maintain fit and shape to prevent leaks when wet.

Thank-you everyone for your input. I am a girl by the way, and I think tights and whatnot would help a lot. I also wear a diaper cover to mask the urine odor and hide the crinkle noise. I think sweatpants would be a really good way to hide the bulge as well.

Oh, and the onesie idea is great. I should order one!
    Last edited by Trevor; 01-Sep-2009 at 03:15. Reason: merging posts