View Poll Results: What results did you get get? (only answer if you are comfortable revealing it)

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • All very strong passes (A*-A)

2 40.00%
  • All strong passes (A*-B)

3 60.00%
  • All Passes (C or better)

0 0%
  • Mostly passes (between 1/2 and 3/4)

0 0%
  • A few passes (under 1/2)

0 0%
  • No passes

0 0%
  • Don't want to reveal

0 0%

Thread: GCSE's (For those who live in the UK)

Question GCSE's (For those who live in the UK)

Hi guys.

This is my first post for a very long time, so I wanted to get back into the swing of things by seeing how others did in their GCSE's.

I was slightly disappointed with mine, even though they are quite good because I KNOW I could have worked far harder.

For me, it was a mixed range. I've gotten A*s and not really thought I tried that hard. I was more worried about the topics I did not so well in. And when I got my results I was pleasantly surprised they were all Cs. I was quiet chuffed with myself. As that's where I set my goals and spent allot of time outside school working on (mostly Art) for that matter.

Don't keeping worrying about the letters. You'll find that once you take your next step in your career. You'll find they have next to no relevance in how your life will be planned out. If anything people tend to generalise. So you got 5 GCSEs? Etc.. Just to know that you're not a total drop out and actually did work to some goals in a broad sense.

that's good to know,
    only now that they are "irrelevant" it makes me feel I put too much effort into the 13 GCSE's I did which left me nearly no free time!!!!!!!

I too could have worked harder, I got 4 A*s and 6 A s; I know about 3 of those A s would have been A*s if I'd tried.

One of them I expected A* and just missed it, am I complaining - no. What's done is done, I achieved my target of not dropping anything to a B so I'm happy with that. Most importantly, I got the grades I needed to get into Sixth form and study the subjects I want for A level.

I know that the stage I'm about to start is the really important one, and where I have to put the work into. I don't know what you're going on to do, but if I spend two years of hard work on my A-levels and come out with very good results on the other side, then missing a grade in GCSE will be forgotten about.

aielen

Default Singapore O Levels

Were the equivalent I got lots of small A and Bs

I was good at languages and the humanities, but I skived pretty much everything else and fell asleep during a couple of exams. I can't remember the specifics; it's amazing how quickly your school memories fade.

I know that the stage I'm about to start is the really important one, and where I have to put the work into.
    Nah, A-levels are a breeze. The higher the level of qualification you're studying for, the more it becomes a battle against boredom and disillusionment than anything else.

3 A*s, 1 A, 3 Bs, 2 Cs and 1 D.
    + 1 A* in R.E.

D was in P.E.
    A* in science and religious studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Verscha View Post
    Nah, A-levels are a breeze. The higher the level of qualification you're studying for, the more it becomes a battle against boredom and disillusionment than anything else.
    What I meant was that as long as I got the grades to take the A-levels I wanted, it didn't really matter if I dropped the odd grade due to lack of work.
    Now university places will depend on my A-level results, I don't think dropping a grade is an option. Oh and before you go on about how so many grades are A s, my year will have the A* grade available, and I believe I'm capable of getting at least one (maybe more).

As for a battle against boredom, isn't your assumption counter-intuitive? I don't know what you did, but I'm taking subjects that I'm actually interested in.

As for a battle against boredom, isn't your assumption counter-intuitive? I don't know what you did, but I'm taking subjects that I'm actually interested in.
    I did too, but you get bored of the academic process than anything else. It's all just jumping through hoops and checking boxes.

Now university places will depend on my A-level results, I don't think dropping a grade is an option. Oh and before you go on about how so many grades are A s, my year will have the A* grade available, and I believe I'm capable of getting at least one (maybe more).
    They're more lenient than you'd expect. I know someone who actually managed to argue their way into King's College despite falling short of the requirements by quite a long way. However, I guess the important thing is to nail the AS levels and the personal statement-- this is what they're going to be primarily basing their assessment of you on when you apply through UCAS.

I got 9 A*s, 2 As and 2 Bs. Nerd much?
    Congratulations to all who did well. Anyone disappointed with their results, hang in there!