Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Atheism and AB/DL

Default Atheism and AB/DL

This is a question to any of the athiests on the forum.

Did your interest in the AB/DL culture contribute to the forming of your opinions?

I will say that while I still believe in god and believe one should strive to do unto others, my interests definitely swayed me away from the concept of "organized religion" and especially Christinanity in America today.

No. My parents have always had a very liberal attitude about religion. My dad's an atheist, and my mum is technically an agnostic, but she has said a number of times she admires the Buddhist philosophy. That, probably combined with the way Catholicism was taught in my school probably led to my atheism.

Why I'm a *B/DL is much less clear.

I don't think so, I discovered my atheism before my TB/DLism. I think they're two completely unrelated things. Although I do think they've both had a significant effect on my personality. I used to be a very close-minded person, until I discovered my TB/DLism, now I am a more accepting person.

As far as the atheism goes, I have a live and let live policy. Which seems odd, because some other atheists I know are pricks to people of religion. They seem to think they're better because they don't believe in a bunch of "mumbo-jumbo spirituality". I'm not saying every atheist is an ass, but there are some.

Not at all, I had decided that I didn't believe in God when I was probably 5/6 - long before any of my TB/DL desires appeared.

This would be a more appropriate question to put to theists, as what I think you're really trying to ask is "Has anyone's *B/DL desires led them away from their religion?" I can imagine if you originally believed that this was an unholy thing if you heard about it because of your religion, if you found yourself being one you have only two choices: consider yourself unholy and go seek help (probably if you're really religious), or realise that you are still a good person and that this part of your religion must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixroks354 View Post
    As far as the atheism goes, I have a live and let live policy. Which seems odd, because some other atheists I know are pricks to people of religion. They seem to think they're better because they don't believe in a bunch of "mumbo-jumbo spirituality". I'm not saying every atheist is an ass, but there are some.
    There are two types of religious attitude I hate: those telling you something is 'wrong' because it is forbidden in the Bible, or that "It's God's will that you should....." or something similar, and atheists who immediately assume all theists are stupid or illogical for believing in a god. Both these views are incredibly ignorant of others views.

I myself am atheist, but I do believe that religion can have a positive effect on most people if taken in the right way.

Atheism is totally separate from tbism. I mean I don't see how tbism could cause someone to become a atheist.

silly question pretty much. one could easily say that every single little detail of their life is completely dependent on another, and another could see each small detail as having nothing to do with anything else they choose in their life.

I don't see how the two would be connected.

Maybe the OP could explain more about why he asked the question?

And, BTW, the religulous make me laugh.

(If only the things they do weren't so serious.)

I'm an apatheist, don't know and don't care. That's probably as neutral you can get. So no.

I was an atheist for the longest time, and I can very clearly say that my ab/dl-ism did not help form said opinions of the past. My life experiences did. My life experiences also probably helped form my ab/dl-ism, but that's neither here nor there. *grin* They're both end results of life experiences.

It's possible, but it seems very unlikely and I don't see any connection.