Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best email service for my mom

Default Best email service for my mom

i am going to show my mom how to email and would like to know, what would be the best service to have her use? Yahoo, hotmail or google? She is a beginner at best, lol and just needs a simple to use program, but with some widgets attached. Any suggestions? I was thinking hotmail. Any other programs are welcomed...

Gmail. Tons of storage, one of the best webmail UIs, and it's from Google, a name even near total computer newbies will recognize.

Gmail - the spam filter is amazing; I've never had it incorrectly block anything and actual spam rarely gets through (and hasn't in my case for at least 6 months).

ah thanks for the suggestions people, I am deciding between gmail and hotmail

hotmail IMO sucks. I never liked it, it doesn't filter spam that well and sometimes emails take forever to go through. Userface isn't all that friendly either, to newbies, imho. between the two, go with gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sila View Post
    hotmail IMO sucks. I never liked it, it doesn't filter spam that well and sometimes emails take forever to go through. Userface isn't all that friendly either, to newbies, imho. between the two, go with gmail.
    Hotmail (or Windows Live Mail I think they call it now), has gotten better, but it's definitely still not on par with Gmail.

Although it's still better than Yahoo mail.