Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babyfur / Lilfur Confessional Thread

Jeffy

Default Babyfur / Lilfur Confessional Thread

Alright, I know it's not really a complex subject, but still something fascinating nonetheless. I brought up furries / being a furry in sociology today and we got into some other topics that circled around fandoms and fetish groups and such and how they interact with eachother in the real world. But what I want to know is, what is your stand on your "furryness" (as my professor so profoundly stated)?

Here's an example...
    My standpoint is that the fandom, and my fursona, are a part of who I am. It's not just some avatar on Second Life or an icon on a forum page, it's really and truly a part of my heart and soul. Jeffy is me, I am Jeffy, we are one in the same.
    Sometimes the Babyfur side of me dominates over my more mature side, and when in intense social situations i'll look at things and contemplate them in that light. As Jeffy would. More childishly than my mature side. You know, always light-hearted, speaking in a childish tone, being the overly-affectionate little s.o.b. that I am
    Then when it comes to my more mature side, it's the "grown-up" in me coming out and I can do it on demand. I can go from either side. I can be a baby whenever I feel like it and be an adult whenever I need to. An on/off switch for my toddlerism!
    Most people will say that their "fursona" or their baby-self only comes out in intense situations, or only in their bedroom for that matter. And some will also say that they try to carry their baby self into public with exhibitionism (wearing in public, pacifiers all that junk) I only bring the personality and It's all I need to get people saying "Man! That Jeffy is just like a little kid and it's so cute!"
    It's the hyperactive little kid personality in this short, skinny teenage body. I'm a little kid trapped in a teenagers world, and it's never been better! I mean what does every kid want to do when they're little? Drive the car! Run around the house naked! All those things!

What's your say Adisc?

My personality changes depending on the situation. It's been my first week of college, and my reaction was actually quite interesting. In psycology, I'm the complete teenager. Silent, daydreamy, unresponsive unless it's negative. I really don't like being like that, but I really don't like the teacher. She talks into the board and has a thick accent, so I can't understand her. I also don't agree with how she teaches, so it puts me in that mood. In my math class, I'm almost a complete child for two reasons. One, it's mathamatics for elementary teachers, so we're re-learning what I learned in elementary school, but much more complex. So it has a nostalgic feal to it while still feuling my insashable curiosity my childlike personality creates. My english teacher is very very silly, and my quick wit that my dad taught me comes out tenfold. In ethics, the students that sit next to me are very cool, and really care about doing well in the class. That also fuels my childlike competitiveness and encourages me to try harder to out note take everyone else. The classes are within 15 minits of each other, and my personality changes instantly. I love it.

At home, I'm pritty normal because my dad wants me to be. He doesn't like the childlike side of me, which is why I love working at summer camp. I become the person I really want to be up there. I take my favorite qualities of all my personalities and leave them out at all times with no body asking me to be different. Some people don't like certain traits I portray, but they don't try to change me, and I love that so much. That's why that place is more of my home than here.

well i have contemplated this before and it is big part of my life and always will be. that side kicked in once and never kicked out and my furry side and my diaper side are pretty separate. my life outside of diapers is always infused with my furry side. everyone that isn't a major family member knows about it and i have had no consequences. i like to act on being a furry.

and furre and furry are both used so:yucky:

xdeadx

I feel the exact same way. Except my "fursona side" is the more dominant. I'm usually a childish, light hearted, always having fun, kind of guy. It's only the super serious things that bring out my mature side x3

I do feel like my fursona and being part of that fandom is a part of me. It's not just some fake thing that I made up.

this is very good topic jeffy ^ ^

mine's rather complicated

when i was born my parents gave me a teddy bear and as soon as i was old enough to talk, i named him Cody. we were best buds I loved him so much, and I took him everywhere, with me.

When i was 6, my family was on Vacation and we were in a hotel. Now we left the hotel really early like 4am and i was still sleeping so my parents carried me out to the car. I woke up later in the car about 4 or 5 hours down the road, "Where's Cody?" My mom's face went white and realized they forgot him at the hotel. She wanted to go back, but my father refused, so i lost my best friend.

My fursona is me (Sean) and my long lost best friend (Cody), my personality through Cody's body.

It basically feels like i have two personalities me;(Sean) AB/DL and Cody: cute lil diapered cub : )
    Last edited by Codybear; 28-Aug-2009 at 13:53. Reason: unintentional sad face

Asher

For me, my fursona is exactly how I am in real life. We are pretty much one in the same (same personality, same everything pretty much). The only real difference is that his name is Asher and he is a 3 year old wallaby (a fursona that to this day I'm still not sure fits me just right...), and I'm... not.

I would not want to disguise my fursona with something that I'm not. If you know my fursona, you know me. The only difference is that "Asher" is just a kid; an entity inside me that, although the same, is more childish and innocent. It's as simple as that. Innocence being the major difference between us. I strive for that one thing that I can never have again.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    For me, my fursona is exactly how I am in real life. We are pretty much one in the same (same personality, same everything pretty much).
    Same here. Sometimes, I "see" myself as my fursona. For example, I'm in study hall, doing a government assignment, and I vision my hand that is writing as a paw.

The babyfur part of me is a bit different. I do not see myself as a baby cub, most of the time I roleplay that part of me. Sometimes I enjoy being taken care of by my significant other and I act like myself as a cub, but I realize that I am not of a true infant age.

I personally have been a TB/AB for as long as I can remember (as far back as five) and I really only came to terms with it at about 18. Previous to that I never viewed it as part of who I am, I just saw it as a problem I needed to fix which was emotional and mental hell doing everything you can to try to kill off part of who you are. But after I realized this is undeniably a facet of myself things got better and I started enjoying life much more.

Now my furry/Babyfur side is something that's still kind of new for me. My Fursona is Kit a 4 Year old Red Fox who loves to play, learn new things, cuddle, laugh, and sometimes just chase bugs. I view things very much through my own and Kits view. I often find myself (Kit) wondering "whats that?" in childlike ignorance and ignoring my own answer to it just so I can wonder some more. I am surprised It took me as long as it did to discover my fursona as I had been doing things very animal like for years. As a small example walking, I do not walk heel to toe but rather toe to heel as I observed almost all mammals walk on the ball of their feet I thought why not people so I gave it a shot and it has been great for my calves and my joints, and improved my balance greatly. Having embraced the fox in me I find that every time I hear a noise that make me really turn my head and look I just image the fox ears on my head perking up and pointing that way.

FIRST POST - AND ON SUCH A DEEP TOPIC! 8D

Regressing is always something I look forward to doing personally, a mixture of a hobby and a lifestyle. I pretty much agree with Jeffy. Being AB/DL and/or furry can be a strong coping mechanism for many of us. Something to fall back on and roleplay when stressed or just bored. I can't really act how I wanna act around family, but in private or especially when around other babyfurs or furries in general I'd feel much more comfortable about it. :P

The furry aspect of being a babyfur I tend to see more as an online thing though. Not to say you can't add it to what you do IRL, like having lots of plushies or paw-printed jammies, etc. But typically I think an average AB/TB and a Babyfur meeting IRL would do allot of the same things. Conversely, a babyfur who hangs out with normal furries would switch to a more mature behavior around them.

That said, Babyfurs do seem so much more open about their infantilism then our non-furry cousins. Going to cons is a good example of this. I guess it helps to be able to hide it in a broader fandom though.

... I feel like I'm rambling. >.>

Jeffy

Quote Originally Posted by Jimpy View Post
    FIRST POST - AND ON SUCH A DEEP TOPIC! 8D

Regressing is always something I look forward to doing personally, a mixture of a hobby and a lifestyle. I pretty much agree with Jeffy. Being AB/DL and/or furry can be a strong coping mechanism for many of us. Something to fall back on and roleplay when stressed or just bored. I can't really act how I wanna act around family, but in private or especially when around other babyfurs or furries in general I'd feel much more comfortable about it. :P

The furry aspect of being a babyfur I tend to see more as an online thing though. Not to say you can't add it to what you do IRL, like having lots of plushies or paw-printed jammies, etc. But typically I think an average AB/TB and a Babyfur meeting IRL would do allot of the same things. Conversely, a babyfur who hangs out with normal furries would switch to a more mature behavior around them.

That said, Babyfurs do seem so much more open about their infantilism then our non-furry cousins. Going to cons is a good example of this. I guess it helps to be able to hide it in a broader fandom though.

... I feel like I'm rambling. >.>

Yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head there! I totally agree with everything here and this is definitely an extenuation to what I was trying to say in my original post!

I'm really loving these thoughtful replies guys!