Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ted Kennedy has died!

Default Ted Kennedy has died!

The last lion of the Senate has passed away!

Ted Kennedy Dies of Brain Cancer at Age 77 - ABC News

May he rest in peace.

That's a shame.

Always sad to see someone famous go.

(I didn't really feel like reading the news article. )

--The Silent Assassin--

Chappaquiddick incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

After the body was found, Kennedy gave a statement to police saying that on the previous night he had taken a wrong turn and accidentally driven his car off a bridge into the water. He pled guilty to a charge of leaving the scene of an accident after causing injury, and received a suspended sentence.

He really got better then he deserved. If that was anyone of us it would like be vehicular manslaughter and we would be serving at least 10 years in prison.

I can't say I am sorry that he personally died, though I am sorry for the surviving Kennedy's. Their family is ripe with tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post

He really got better then he deserved. If that was anyone of us it would like be vehicular manslaughter and we would be serving at least 10 years in prison.
    Yeah, but he supported net neutrality. Also, he had a drinking problem, with hilarious results. That absolves him of all scumbaggery. Well, most of it anyway. He was a sketchy motherfucker.

He had money and got away with it. Now he's chillin' with the dogs that Mike Vick got killed and OJ's wife.

I imagine he never got over that incident. I don't absolve of his guilt or his actions - but for thirty years, he's done more than almost any other American to help the poor, underprivileged, etc.

He's a terribly flawed man. It's just soo sad

THANK YOU FIRE2BOX. At least someone knows about that. Although I people that back net neutrality are hard to find on cap hill.

I guess God needed a gin-blossom drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by balancedchaos View Post
    I guess God needed a gin-blossom drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Best Show Ever (slightly modified)
    Oh no, Mr. Kennedy... this is the other place.

I saw this last night when it was breaking news.

Having grown up in New England, I can say that even those in Massachusetts who were on the opposite side of the political spectrum and disagreed with his views, generally had at least great respect for the man.

It's terribly sad - for all his faults, Kennedy did a lot of good for the country.

This really couldn't come at a worse time for the Democrats - ironically, the man who referred to healthcare reform as "...the cause of my life." has, in death, has just made the political struggle for effective healthcare reform a magnitude more difficult.