Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantastic Bottles I just got a hold of

Default Fantastic Bottles I just got a hold of

So I recently decided to upgrade from a generic bottle to something a little nicer as I just had to find a solution to the bottle nipple collapsing so easily on me. So I went out and found these Playtex Advanced Ventaire Bottles

Link: Playtex Baby: About Playtex Bottle Systems ? VentAire® Bottle System

and they are awesome. I simply wuv them. They have a vent in the bottom of the bottle so when nursing from it the air it pulled from the back through the vent rather then through the nipple like most bottles thus the nipple never collapses and the air doesn't mix in with the liquid so a little less burping as well. Now they are not the cheapest I mean for three of the bigger ones with the extra wide nipple (my personal preference) was a little under $15 but as far as I am concerned they are worth every penny. I can finally fully enjoy nursing from a bottle. Just thought I might let the community know.

I have a white, green, and a yellow one. I like to mix up the tops with the filter after cleaning them to make them more fun d=(^.^)z

Quote Originally Posted by Bob78641 View Post
    Link:
    You called?

But ya, thoes do look really good. I had a bottle once, but it got moldy

I had a other paytex bottle but it was one of those ones with the slip in liners. But that wasn't the problem the problem was that I could never really get a mouth full of whatever I was drinking. I had the same problem with my sippy cups.

So I won't ever use them unless I am really, really roleplaying. Till then I'll stick with my pint glasses.

That's so cool - I've always wondered what it'd be like to drink from a bottle. Just curious, but what's your favorite drink to have in these new bottles of yours? :3

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I had a other paytex bottle but it was one of those ones with the slip in liners. But that wasn't the problem the problem was that I could never really get a mouth full of whatever I was drinking. I had the same problem with my sippy cups.

So I won't ever use them unless I am really, really roleplaying. Till then I'll stick with my pint glasses.
    well actually there is a very easy way to solve that problem you just have to make the opening bigger on the nipple. I personally just use a pair of scissors and stick the thin end in very carefully into the nipple until I have created a slit with the original nipple opening being the center point. After that though I get plenty of liquid on each suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Scritcher View Post
    That's so cool - I've always wondered what it'd be like to drink from a bottle. Just curious, but what's your favorite drink to have in these new bottles of yours? :3
    That's easy warm milk
    Last edited by Trevor; 27-Aug-2009 at 03:20. Reason: merging posts

I'm curious are those ventaire bottles a standard size cap like the Gerbers? If so I might look into it. I have some of those Nuk 5 nipples for my Gerber bottles. I noticed that they say on the Playtex site that standard nipples shouldn't be used however standard ones have the two little holes at the base mine don't because I never cut them.

Well I honestly don't know as I specifically bought the wide nipple variety as the standard size they have looked too small, But thier standars size does look the same size as a standard bottle nipple yes

Okie dokie, thanks Bob78641.

I checked Target's website and I also noticed the wide and standard variety. Standard looks like it will fit my Nuk nipples, $11.99 for a 9oz three pack. Also some people have problems with the markings coming off and apparently the crystal clear version doesn't do that. Plus some people have the bottom vent thing leak but re-seating it fixes it especially if you hear a click apparently.

Looks like I might have to pick up a pack.