Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For Girls: Diapers and their period

Clarissa

Default For Girls: Diapers and their period

Should girls wear pads, tampons or neitrher with diaper during their period? What should be the changing schedule during a woman's monthly discharge?

Default girls diapers and their periods

I don't think wearing an additional pad or tampon would be nessesary when wearing a diaper.
    the diaper should be absorbent enough to take care of mestral discharge as well as urine.
    wearing a pad in the diaper could allow for the pad to be changed with out changing the whole diaper if it's not wet or messy.
    I guess it's a matter of preference.

Clarissa

Quote Originally Posted by wetatnight View Post
    I don't think wearing an additional pad or tampon would be nessesary when wearing a diaper.
    the diaper should be absorbent enough to take care of mestral discharge as well as urine.
    wearing a pad in the diaper could allow for the pad to be changed with out changing the whole diaper if it's not wet or messy.
    I guess it's a matter of preference.
    Thanks for your view. Have you experienced it?

Oh saw from your profile that you are male
    Last edited by Peachy; 25-Aug-2009 at 14:20. Reason: merging double post - use "edit" button!

curiousitykitten

Something tells me if you were a girl you would know enough about periods to know what protection to use.....I call shenanigans! (unless of course you havent had your period yet)

Clarissa

Quote Originally Posted by curiousitykitten View Post
    Something tells me if you were a girl you would know enough about periods to know what protection to use.....I call shenanigans! (unless of course you havent had your period yet)
    I know what to use i'm wondering whether to wear sanitary stuff with diapers

curiousitykitten

imho it would defeat the point of a diaper...unless you poked slits in it

Clarissa

imho it would defeat the point of a diaper...unless you poked slits in it
    ok

I've never worn a diaper for my period (I'm on birth control, simply so I don't get my period. Not for sexual reasons.), but I'm guessing, if the diaper could absorb alot, it could absorb enough blood, so it won't leak through if you change it a couple times a day.

AbriCool

i call shenanigans!

weird. youtube wrote that to me in the little red bar when i tried to log in

Elli

Thing is, menstrual fluid is more than just blood. It has other slimey bits too and it smells! In a nappy that's being used for pee, it will spread out to tinge the whole nappy, pretty much, spreading further than necessary and making a pee/blood/yuck mixture. This would have more potential to smell and would mean you'd have to clean menstrual fluid off yourself as well as pee. Also I think that maybe, unlike nappies, menstrual pads are designed for the thicker nature of menstrual fluid.

I remember the days of not being able to use tampons yet and having to use pads. I hated it. So once I was able (or confident enough) to use tampons, there has been no looking back. Now I have the freedom to combine pads, nappies and tampons in whatever order I like, I use tampons with a nappy, unless it's the very end of the flow when it is only very slight.

That said, when I was still in the 'pad old days', and I began to experiment with adult pull-ups, I did put an Always pad in a Tena pull-up while camping, for security against leakage, which was a considerable fear at the time. I wasn't using the pull-up for anything else though. If I had wet it, the Always pad would have come unstuck after a while no doubt. But as I didn't use the nappy for pee, I carefully peeled the pad off and changed it, whilst keeping the pull-ups on for a bit longer.