Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime/Manga Appreciation Thread

Default Anime/Manga Appreciation Thread

Let me know if this has already been done...

I'm a Japanophile... I love everything about the country... and I've had an affinity for Japanase animation since I was very young...

So tell me, what are your favorite animes/mangas?

Favorite animes for me are, in no particular order, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, Cowboy Bebop, and BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad...

I don't really read a lot of manga but I did read Evangelion all the way through and I thoroughly enjoyed it...

But enough of my banter!

Please post your opinions!

Baccano.
    It should be required watching. (Unless you're squeamish, but you watched Evangelion, so I don't think I should be worried.) I'm also greatly enjoying D.Gray-Man at the moment. (The manga, though. I hate the anime fillers. Manga>Anime in pretty much anything IMO) Any and all CLAMP series are really really good if you don't mind blatant male/male or female/female relationships. Out of all the CLAMP series, I recommend Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, xxxHolic, RG Veda (haha, I'm so old) Cardcaptor Sakura, and Kobato when it comes out. (Kobato is such a sweet sweet little manga. Read it )

EDIT: Watch the dubbed version of Baccano if you can. New York accents=WIN!
    Last edited by Shukkume; 24-Aug-2009 at 22:54.

Cool... There's a comic shop right next to the guitar shop I go to, so I'll have to check it out...

Thanks for the recommendations!

Well, I just bought and read Loveless on my road trip . I loved NGE. Same goes for Ouran Host Club (both manga & anime).. it was very good. Great Teacher Onizuka is old, but a good anime as well. I loved the original FMA anime and movie, but I'm having trouble getting into the new one - the plot conflicts too much with the original anime for me to just enjoy it >_<. Paranoia Agent is a short and weird anime worth watching... same with FLCL. I loved Gravitation, but it's not the kind of anime for everyone (wiki it, you'll see ). Other than that, Death Note was good (but I'm sure you've heard of it before...) Other than that I enjoy Naruto Shippuuden and One Piece (people always bug me about this, but I don't care... I like them ). There's more, but I either can't think of them at the moment, or they aren't worth mentioning.

I should probably mention that I haven't watched any of the "dubbed" versions of these animes, so if the voices suck, try the subbed ones

Quote Originally Posted by andysetra View Post
    well, i just bought and read loveless on my road trip . I loved nge. Same goes for ouran host club (both manga & anime).. It was very good. Great teacher onizuka is old, but a good anime as well. I loved the original fma anime and movie, but i'm having trouble getting into the new one - the plot conflicts too much with the original anime for me to just enjoy it >_<. Paranoia agent is a short and weird anime worth watching... Same with flcl. I loved gravitation, but it's not the kind of anime for everyone (wiki it, you'll see ). Other than that, death note was good (but i'm sure you've heard of it before...) other than that i enjoy naruto shippuuden and one piece (people always bug me about this, but i don't care... I like them :-p). There's more, but i either can't think of them at the moment, or they aren't worth mentioning.

I should probably mention that i haven't watched any of the "dubbed" versions of these animes, so if the voices suck, try the subbed ones
    FLCL is awesome! And so is FMA! Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention K-ON! :3

I collect a bunch of manga, I actually prefer it over anime. My favorites are Loveless, Naruto, Yu-Gi-Oh Millenium World, Nacratoholic (yaoi), In The End (yaoi), and Shaman King.

I went to The ACEN anime convention twice. I'm not that big into anime, but I've seen a few. My favorites were soul eater and Ouran High School Host Club. The only manga I've read is Case Closed, and I loved it.

Oh my, funny story. So when I was a freshman in High School, this senior was sitting next to me at lunch with the first three books to a manga. She was on the third and I asked to read the first. To my suprise, she said yes. I started reading and after a while she asked how I liked it. I said "It's good, but I'm kind of confused. I'm pritty sure that this girl likes this guy, but I also think that this guy likes that guy too." She answered with "They're all guys." Two pages later there was a huge sex scene. It turnes out that the first Manga I ever read was a hard core XXX yaoi. Can't remember the name of it to save my life.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    I went to The ACEN anime convention twice. I'm not that big into anime, but I've seen a few. My favorites were soul eater and Ouran High School Host Club. The only manga I've read is Case Closed, and I loved it.
    Ohhh I forgot about Soul Eater and Case Closed ... I've watched the anime of Case Closed, but it was called Detective Conan ... I think Case Closed was the English version.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Oh my, funny story. So when I was a freshman in High School, this senior was sitting next to me at lunch with the first three books to a manga. She was on the third and I asked to read the first. To my suprise, she said yes. I started reading and after a while she asked how I liked it. I said "It's good, but I'm kind of confused. I'm pritty sure that this girl likes this guy, but I also think that this guy likes that guy too." She answered with "They're all guys." Two pages later there was a huge sex scene. It turnes out that the first Manga I ever read was a hard core XXX yaoi. Can't remember the name of it to save my life.
    Yaoi!

At the moment i'm following Bloody Monday and 1/2 Prince. It's pretty interesting but sloooow update ugh; at least for 1/2 prince. I'm pretty big on the mainstream manga such as FMA and Naruto and Bleach and all that... i think everyone reads those.

I have read up to date on FMA and watched the old series and OVA of it, haven't gotten around to watching the new one, hoenstly didn't know there was one.

I use to watch Case Closed, then it stopped airing on Cartoon Network and last year I started reading the manga, but it became so repetitive and i dropped it.

In the whole Manga vs Anime, i'm a strong Manga reader. I prefer it to the Anime almost all the time. Those horrible fillers in Anime are just a huge waste of time Dx.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceGPM View Post
    I'm pretty big on the mainstream manga such as FMA and Naruto and Bleach and all that... i think everyone reads those.
    I watched Bleach. It was fun at first but I really started to not like it. The fighting is really really bad. I've read so many good books that have sword fighters as main characters that I can recognise a good fight from a bad one. They do so many wrong moves in Bleach that it just frustrates me. That's why one of my favorite anime is Samurai Champloo. They're sword fighting is perfect and very realistic and AWSOME!

FMA rockes my socks though. I should really get back into that.