Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: *sigh*

  1. #1

    Default *sigh*

    Well this is just me letting off some steam, but if you want to, read this. For some reason I just have this powerful urge to talk to the girl that accepts my DLism. I like REALLY want to talk to her, not about diapers, just talk like a normal teen would do. I just don't want to push it on her to talk more, in fear that I may creep her out and *boom* massive spiral of depression(again).

    I am also getting REALLY REALLY pissed off with myself right now, I am un motivated...I really want to launch this new business idea of mine, but now i just don't feel like pushing myself to do it. Which in turn is making me regret my choices in life...I put off hanging with people and making friends and trying to flirt and get a relationship and pour all my resources into trying to get rich. I am constantly in fear about "If I don't make money now, I'll have a shitty life and will be a poor failure for the rest of my life"

    Well, ignore this if you feel like it, it would be nice if someone can cheer me up and make me get motivated.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Well this is just me letting off some steam, but if you want to, read this. For some reason I just have this powerful urge to talk to the girl that accepts my DLism. I like REALLY want to talk to her, not about diapers, just talk like a normal teen would do. I just don't want to push it on her to talk more, in fear that I may creep her out and *boom* massive spiral of depression(again).

    I am also getting REALLY REALLY pissed off with myself right now, I am un motivated...I really want to launch this new business idea of mine, but now i just don't feel like pushing myself to do it. Which in turn is making me regret my choices in life...I put off hanging with people and making friends and trying to flirt and get a relationship and pour all my resources into trying to get rich. I am constantly in fear about "If I don't make money now, I'll have a shitty life and will be a poor failure for the rest of my life"

    Well, ignore this if you feel like it, it would be nice if someone can cheer me up and make me get motivated.
    Knock it off and go out and do these things. You've got time on your side at this point in your life. If you fail--and you will fail many, many, many times--it's just a sign that you're trying to do things that are appropriately difficult. Conversely, if you never fail, it's probably because you've never tried.

    So--knock that shit off and kick yourself in the ass to get to your interim goals.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    Well, diaperedteenager, you can't expect people to keep pitying you with all the threads you make about how much your life sucks when you never do anything about it.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Well, diaperedteenager, you can't expect people to keep pitying you with all the threads you make about how much your life sucks when you never do anything about it.
    Quoted for truth.

    Honestly, just get off your butt and do something about all the things you constantly whine about.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Quoted for truth.

    Honestly, just get off your butt and do something about all the things you constantly whine about.
    ^Wait. People on this site...whining?????? no!!!

  7. #7

    Default

    Good luck. You seem to have more motivation than me and some sort of actual plan. I don't have either. Anytime I come up with a plan, I can't follow through. And I'm kinda stuck in no win situations that make it hard to handle tons of stress. Sometimes I wish I could just not care what others think or just be happy with what I have (I do have some good things in my life), but I can't do that. And before anyone repeats it, it's not that I wouldn't do anything about it. I just don't know what or how. I do hate to whine about it, but I don't know... it just hurts to keep my feelings inside. I can't tell family because I don't want to alarm them. Sadly, it always seems like no one will ever understand anyway. I could write a crappy novel about the problems of my life, but I'll stop here. This ends my whining.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Fuck yes! Thank you, this is exactly what i need right now.
    I thought that you were serious in this post--the content falls within the realm of where I'm going, so I didn't see the sarcasm here that apparently exists. Indeed, I was pleased to see that you took my advice and gave yourself a kick in the ass with it ... not so, however (if our cohorts are reading this better than I, which I suspect they are), so let's unpack this a bit.

    You have the shovel of planning and the luxury of time. Start digging yourself out and you'll be able to look back in 3-6 months and have something to show for your effort.

    Set an attainable goal--one that you can hit with about a week's worth of work, and one that will help your long-term plans--and then go meet that goal by putting in some work each day. It's really quite lame, but all the literature surrounding--for instance--how to write A SHIT-TON of articles say the same thing. I looked at rather a lot of books on this by some very smart people. Damned if they didn't all say this same thing: set up short-term goals, then do something each and every day to meet these goals. And limit yourself to two projects at a time. This will help you, and I'm trying to do this with myself right now as well.

    Just over a week ago, I had thought about an article I wanted to write and had done some preliminary literature review for it. I hadn't touched the text in about 2 months, and it was very clumsily stuck together--words vomited onto the page, really. I set myself the task of meeting a hard deadline--September 1--and wanted to give myself breathing room before that deadline. Hence, I figured on a deadline of August 24 "or so." I put a couple of solid days work into it (8-9 hours actively writing and thinking about it in front of the computer) and was able to bang out a rough draft that I had a couple friends review. Now, as soon as I head off the ADISC site for the morning and put another 1-2 hours into it--mostly spent in creating 2 figures that will help orient and guide the reader--it'll be ready to go. All in, I've got about 15-20 hours of sit-down-writing time invested, and much of this was done over a period of 4-5 days when I absolutely refused to let the day pass without at least touching it, beating up the words, sketching out a new figure, adding a table... I think that you could accomplish something measurable in just over a week if you work on one small sub-project and kick it along daily. And I think you'll feel much better for it, too.

    If you want to be rich, I can tell you that raw hard work far surpasses talent, skill, intellect, wisdom, knowledge, or any other cerebral gift you may have. I've known some exceptionally intelligent and well-read fiscal nobodies, and some extremely well-off idiots. The thing that differentiated these two groups, if any one attribute, was the capacity and tolerance for hard work. Unfortunate, that. So--engross yourself in your work for the next 8 days, then next weekend come out and call up that DL-friendly girl. See if she'd like to meet up for coffee or listen to live music or go to dinner theater.

    I get the sense that the approach is where you'll screw this up, though, so I'll suggest that you get an extra ticket or seat or what have you, and let her know, "I'm going to go XXXXXX. If you'd like to come along, I'd certainly be glad for the company, but no biggie if you don't feel up to it. Let me know what you'd like to do." I give this advice to you because I myself probably would have mangled the approach in a similar way as you will when I ... (crap, I'm gonna say it. I don't believe it, but I'm going to use The Phrase here) ... when I was your age.
    Last edited by h3g3l; 20-Aug-2009 at 13:09.

  9. #9

    Default

    Thanks for the break down there. I will set a time frame of 1 week for this project to get done, maybe that will give me more motivation to make it happen. IDK, maybe I'll do something about my urge to talk to a girl, I slept on it and now the desire isn't nearly as bad.

    Weird thing is, if I fail at a project, it just gives me insight to make it better and do better on it. BUT, if I get shot down by a girl it makes me feel horrible, I get depressed, physically sick, etc.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    BUT, if I get shot down by a girl it makes me feel horrible, I get depressed, physically sick, etc.
    Quit falling in love with every girl that you cross paths with?

Similar Threads

  1. (sigh)...
    By diaperedteenager in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-Jan-2009, 16:58
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-Sep-2008, 01:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.