Thread: Make A New Short Cut in Firefox!

Default Make A New Short Cut in Firefox!

Hello everybody, today I'm here to talk to you guys about making a new shortcut button, for the top of your browser. First of all, to do this you need to be using Mozilla Firefox.

Is there a website that you view regularly? Are you tired of clicking on "book marks", "favorites", "history", etc.? Well I'm going to show you how to add a simple button that you can click on, and it will bring you right to the page.

The first thing you need to do, is go to this link and download the add-on for custom buttons. I promise you, add-ons are perfectly safe, and don't take up very much space on your computer.

Next, at the top of Firefox, go to:

View>Add New Button>Code

In that field, DO NOT take out what is there. Next to it, put the following code exactly as i have it (minus wogl.org if that's not the site you want);

getBrowser (). addTab ("http://www.wogl.org");
    I put wogl.org, if you wanted a different site, then you would put it in.

If you would like a picture, go to image, and select what picture you would like to represent it. I chose the WOGL logo.

After you do that, go to;

View>Toolbars>Customize

Once there, drag the picture of your button to the top of your browser where you would like it.

Here is my example of this.

Thanks!

Brandon

This should be in the Computers and Games section.

Just a question, How is this better than the bookmarks bar? Drag the Favicon(icon in the address bar) to the bar with the Getting Started link and you've achieved nearly the same thing without an addon and without any javascript.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamaker View Post
    This should be in the Computers and Games section.

Just a question, How is this better than the bookmarks bar? Drag the Favicon(icon in the address bar) to the bar with the Getting Started link and you've achieved nearly the same thing without an addon and without any javascript.
    :whs0be:

As already said, this is redundant because of the bookmark toolbar.

Yours is right there, the one that has 'most visited' and the 'getting started' things on it.

You can change the stuff there quite easily by pressing Ctrl+Alt+B and clicking 'bookmark toolbar'.

Meh i suppose you're right, I could just do that. I like the bigger icons better i guess/think they look cooler. iono.

Personal preference i guess.

Is this the thing that lets you launch programs from firefox? err wait... I don't think this is it.
    Last edited by ShippoFox; 25-Aug-2009 at 01:33.