Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else hear music in their dreams?

Default Does anyone else hear music in their dreams?

I have wanted to ask this for a long time... do other people hear music in their dreams like a certain song or something. Case in point, I heard in a dream today as I slept 'Cavity Search' by Weird Al.

It was weird. All the sudden, the song started playing in my dream as I was walking down the road of some city I'd never seen before. It was WEIRD. And this is not the first time this has happened to me.

I've heard other songs too in my dreams. It's weird. Really. Was wondering if anyone else has like a soundtrack to their dreams?

WildThing121675

EmeraldsAndLime

Yes, it's happened to me on a handful of occasions before. Sometimes it's a tune I recognise and can name easily, sometimes not. But like everything else dreamt, I forget it soon after waking.

Strangely enough, some of the artists I listen to claim they get their melodies and sounds from their dreams. I'm inclined to believe that's possible, but reproducing those sounds would be a mammoth task.

While I've had dreams that feature music -- most recently, Bird York's "In The Deep" -- I have also had an occasional dream where the music I hear is something I've never heard before, and it's a fully developed piece with guitars, drums, keyboards, and vocals, as if my brain's pieced together these things from some kind of mind-band!

I don't know if it counts, but I've had the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys riff on my dream in my dream

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I've heard other songs too in my dreams. It's weird. Really. Was wondering if anyone else has like a soundtrack to their dreams?

WildThing121675
    I have music quite often. It's usually alot like movie scores and it can run the gamut from classical orchestras to symphonic metal and just about anything imaginable in between.
    Last edited by babibear; 20-Aug-2009 at 06:42. Reason: Corrected sentence for goofy phrasing.

Hmmm..... I haven't dreamed music. But oddly enough i've dreamed pain. I dreamed I got stung by a bee and it hurt! D:

Yes, it happens to me alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nastyman View Post
    I don't know if it counts, but I've had the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys riff on my dream in my dream
    Hey! That's so cool. I want to have a dream like that.

I hear music in my dreams all the time, and I wake up with them in my head. Of course I'm a professional musician, so often they're the music I'm teaching to the choir. Sometimes they're other pieces, from pop, or rock to classical. When I was in high school, my mom would make me turn off the stereo so I could go to sleep. I was able to keep a whole symphony in my head and play it as I fell asleep. I memorized and could hear the entire London Symphony by Haydn. I can still do things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStar View Post
    Hmmm..... I haven't dreamed music. But oddly enough i've dreamed pain. I dreamed I got stung by a bee and it hurt! D:
    Yeah, I have a good sense of touch in my dreams. It can feel cold or hot, I can put my hand on something in my dream and I can actually feel it. I also dreamed that I was dropping a deuce in my pants and I swear I thought I had actually shit when I woke up... but I didn't, luckily.

out of the few dreams I remember, I recall having music before. Though the time in particular that I remember...it was a radio playing music in the dream..but hey, it's sorta the same thing. ^^;