Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fed up with the AB/DL Community?

Darkfinn

Default Fed up with the AB/DL Community?

Just wondering if I am alone in this... or if others feel the way I do.

I'm fed up with the AB/DL community as a whole.

I'm sick of the same crappy repetitive topics that every single AB/DL board seems to have. "I'm too afraid to get diapers." "What's the best way to poop?" "How many diapers do you use per day?" "I want mommy to change my filthy nappies." "What do you think about this diaper." Blah blah blah.

I'm tired of all the perverts, sickos, trolls and otherwise lame individuals that clog up the boards with their ridiculous topics, surveys, and fantasy stories they claim to be true. All the people who just post garbage, individuals who use baby talk on forums and can't post an intelligent sentence.

What irritates me most is the random "new" people that show up on every AB/DL site saying the same things and asking the same questions. "Hi! I like diperz." really... no way, I had no idea. "Will pampers size 7 fit me?" Here's an idea, check the other 50 threads on the same topic.

I find it insulting and disgusting when people ask me or my fiancee what diapers we're wearing and if we're wet or "poppy" or not. We would rather not be a part of fulfilling your fantasy, thanks.

I don't want to hear any more about your "aspergers" or how badly your life sucks. How you are in your 20's, still living at home with mommy and daddy, unemployed, and can't have a life of your own because of their rules.

Am I the only one who thinks all of these folks need to shut up, grow up, act their age, quit whining, get a job, get a place of their own, and generally become a productive member of society?

Maybe my ideals and expectations of people are a bit old-fashioned... but surely I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

(Quoted For Truth)

If you are not happy, then leave. No one is forcing you to stay.

Personally, the thread titles are enough to give an indication of their topic. If it looks likely to annoy you, don't read it.

I agree with you to a point.
    We seem to see alot of new threads saying stuff like that. But the thing is, what could we talk about? Theres nothing much to talk about in infantilism other than buying things, diapers coming out, and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I don't want to hear any more about your "aspergers" or how badly your life sucks. How you are in your 20's, still living at home with mommy and daddy, unemployed, and can't have a life of your own because of their rules.
    That's all one of my biggest problems and concerns with Adisc. I think we need to stop with pity party topics.

Darkfinn

Just to clarify... this is not an ADISC specific rant. It applies equally to all the other big AB/DL sites. DD, DSpace, etc. They're all chock full of this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    Just to clarify... this is not an ADISC specific rant. It applies equally to all the other big AB/DL sites. DD, DSpace, etc. They're all chock full of this crap.
    My point still applies. If your not happy with a community, why stay? If you feel they are all bad, make your own and ban those topics.

This is an ab/dl site, as are the others you mentioned. Diapers therefore will be discussed. Diapers are not a broad subject, so the same topics will come up. Short of stickying one of each thread, if it's not on the first page of thread listings, it won't be seen, and duplicates will be made. Of course, if you hate seeing these topics, stickying is a cure worse than the symptoms.

Newbies by definition have not seen all the rants, seen the same threads, and don't know better. They won't see this thread, after a few weeks. So all it's achieved is some drama.

I know for me, adisc is the main forum I go on, but I am well aware that for some others, the only reason they go on ab/dl sites to talk about... ab/dl.

One suggestion (specifically for adisc) to cut down on duplicates is to have a list of threads like those shown for the "Check if already posted" automatically shown after you finish typing the title. Anyone who has used Stackoverflow knows what I'm talking about. For the rest, Ill add a screenshot next time I'm on a PC.

EDIT: Screenshots.

Before

After
    Last edited by Hex; 18-Aug-2009 at 19:33.