Thread: Annual Meteor Shower

Default Annual Meteor Shower

Last night (the 11th) was the annual Perseids meteor shower. I look forward to this event every year, even when the shows are not so spectacular.

Central Oregon was covered in clouds last night so there was no show. How often is Central Oregon socked in with clouds during the summer? Not very often. Of all the nights…

Oh well, there’s always next year.

I think you'll find tonight is actually quite a good night too (better than last in the UK)
    anyways I got a clear sky last night to see it, but annoyingly it's cloudy tonight.

We've got more clouds again today but maybe they'll clear up by tonight. I should have posted a link for the meteor shower guide:
    EarthSky's meteor shower guide for 2009 Features | EarthSky

Eh, it's Central Oregon, you know how it works here. Hell, this year was the first year it rained during the Flashback Cruz :/

It was pretty wicked, I watched it for a few hours last night in the back of my truck and fell asleep to it.

I wanted to watch it, but there's way too many trees around here. Plus it was overcast, and kind of close to a major city with lots of lights.