Thread: First time buying from a store

Default First time buying from a store

Well I'm on vacation and I was down to the last two diapers that I brought with me. My only option was to go down to the local CVS and buy a pack IN PERSON. I've never been able to go through with this, in the past I've even returned a pack to the shelf after I picked it out. But this time I went through with it (desperation helps) and man what an adrenaline rush . It's an even more satisfying purchase having gone through with it.

What was your first experience buying diaper in the store? Was it your first time ever? Did you chicken out before actually going through with it (like me)? And did the rush make it all the more worth while?

My first experience was an awkward ensemble of fail, which resulted in my first package Goodnites. Basically, I had my money in hand (Well, pocket, really) and I waltzed into Snyders. I was a tad nervous, but confident nonetheless.

...Or so I thought. After about 20 minutes of pacing, accompanied by a conversation with the manager about why I was there, I made a beeline for the diaper isle, though first ensuring that there was no one to be seen in that particular isle, grabbed a package of Goodnites, and made my way for the front.

Then, en route to the front, my frigid feet got even colder, and I put my precious diapers down on some shelf while I waited for the line at the register to dwindle down to a single old lady.

Taking my diapers in hand, I stepped up the the young man behind the counter, shaking the whole time, and made my purchase.

Needless to say, I walked out of the Snyders a happier girl, now with a little bit of spine to show for it ^^

Yeah, my first time ever wasn't nearly as glamorous as others might be. being it my first time, I was very, very apprehensive about doing so. However, considering that the ends make the means so worth it, I was able to go through with it.

I wouldn't say that I've chickened out, however. When I walked in, I was pacing the candy isle for a good 20 minutes before I actually grabbed the package, and then another 15 before I went to make my purchase :\

I wouldn't say it's the "rush" that makes it worth it. It's more the feeling of accomplishment, accompanied by the feeling of a nice, snuggly diaper wrapped around your tush once you make it out alive.

And you will make it out alive, I promise

It was years ago for me, so long ago that they still sold the good Attends, it was about 1993 or 94. I was nervous as all hell, drove to the next town over to a Wal-Greens like pharmacy, cased the joint quickly to gage the crowd. Then I just went for it, I grabbed a bag, (I was wearing a hat and sunglasses by the way) I went right to the counter, didn't make eye contact, paid for the diapers and left the store. My heart was racing like crazy...but buying them was the easy part, I was still living at home with my parents...so I had to then sneak them into the house and hide them in my room. After that first time, buying from a store was very easy.

-Gus

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    My first experience was an awkward ensemble of fail, which resulted in my first package Goodnites. Basically, I had my money in hand (Well, pocket, really) and I waltzed into Snyders. I was a tad nervous, but confident nonetheless.

...Or so I thought. After about 20 minutes of pacing, accompanied by a conversation with the manager about why I was there, I made a beeline for the diaper isle, though first ensuring that there was no one to be seen in that particular isle, grabbed a package of Goodnites, and made my way for the front.

Then, en route to the front, my frigid feet got even colder, and I put my precious diapers down on some shelf while I waited for the line at the register to dwindle down to a single old lady.

Taking my diapers in hand, I stepped up the the young man behind the counter, shaking the whole time, and made my purchase.

Needless to say, I walked out of the Snyders a happier girl, now with a little bit of spine to show for it ^^

Yeah, my first time ever wasn't nearly as glamorous as others might be. being it my first time, I was very, very apprehensive about doing so. However, considering that the ends make the means so worth it, I was able to go through with it.

I wouldn't say that I've chickened out, however. When I walked in, I was pacing the candy isle for a good 20 minutes before I actually grabbed the package, and then another 15 before I went to make my purchase :\

I wouldn't say it's the "rush" that makes it worth it. It's more the feeling of accomplishment, accompanied by the feeling of a nice, snuggly diaper wrapped around your tush once you make it out alive.

And you will make it out alive, I promise
    I did the same exact thing... Except, I got kicked out of the store, with an "or else I'm calling the cops". I mean, I can kinda understand why. I was really nervous, and it was around the colder months, so I had worn jeans, a long sleeve shirt that partially covered my hands, a hoodie [and I love to wear my hoodies long, there's a whole expanation and theory behind my choice of and choice to wear hoodies, but that's a whole other story], which I had covering my eyes mostly, and therest of my body, so the only thing that was seen is the bottom half of my face and my hands. I was scared out of my mind of buying for my first time. I waited and waited untill I was the only one there, but they JUST. KEPT. COMING. They wouldn't stop... It was aggrivating me, and I was getting nervous. Then the store manager approached me, told me to get out 'or else'. So, shaken up and having failed, I rode my bike home, with a sense of defeat only rivaled by that of dissapointment. The next time, however, I just did a grab-and-run on a monday afternoon. I walked in, saw nobody was around, and grabbed the first package I saw of diapers [at that time, all I could really get were pullups at this store], and then headed promptly to the teller. I placed the package on the counter, she gave me a funny look, I gave her a nod and a low sort of grunt/[not sure the word] sound, and the transaction took place. I now had obtained my boon, for having the balls to do this. I gave her a nod and a grunt goodbye, threw the package in my backpack, hopped on my bike, slammed down on the pedal, and I was off.

The rush was okay, but the feeling of, "Oh, wow. You really did it. You're holding what you went after, despite all your fears." (and the resulting fun), was what made it all worthwhile.

Clarissa

Default Scary

My first time I was in a long queue in the Supermarket and My Diaper pack was so visible amongst the other goods. But no one said a thing. Stil i was shivering.

Countdown

I first bought diapers last summer. I was on vacation down the shore, and the nearest store was about one mile away. It was a very small general store, so it really only carried baby diapers, but I was desperate at the time. So, I made up an excuse to my mom that I was going to buy a candy bar at the store and I was taking my backpack because I didn't have any pockets in the shorts I was wearing. Anyway, I knew the best way to go through with it was to just get in and get out as quickly as possible. So, I went straight to the diaper section, grabbed a pack of BabyDry size 6 diapers (their largest size in diapers at the store, but they fit me well ), then paid for them and got out. Everyone was looking at me, but I think that's because I stupidly brought my backpack into the store with me, and they were just making sure I wasn't going to steal something.

First time buying from a store was today actually. I wanted to get some pampers size 7's, but they didn't have any, so I decided to get a size 5 easy-up.
    When I went to the counter the lady said, "New kid?" Which was kind of stupid because it was pull-ups. I replied, "Yeah, uh, baby brother." Which was also kind of stupid, but I wanted to think fast!
    Last edited by Trevor; 12-Aug-2009 at 04:38. Reason: merging threads

lol way to go JustInCase ^_^
    My first time invovled doing about 5 laps around my Wal-Mart, and finally getting the courage to go in the diaper isle, which of course i had made sure was unocupied. It was GoodNites i bought :3...once i put them in the cart, i found that it was easy to go down to the checkout, i found the hard part was picking them off the shelf, and i still do lol. Unfortunatly the only people working the tills were kids, so i went to the nearest one, an express checkout, with some dude behind the counter...he never even gave me a 2nd look, jus rang them thru

My advise is to just go in there and do it. If you wander around the store empty handed or hang out in the candy isle checking things out you just draw attention to yourself.