Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PJs, not footy

Default PJs, not footy

Hey all, I am looking for PJs like we all had as kids. Not footy PJs but 2 piece, like pants and a top. I would like them to have some kind of print on them if possible and elastic around the wrists and ankles. I am 5'9" 156lbs with a 31" waist. Anyone have any ideas where I can find some? I would post a pic, but I can't because I am new here.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman21 View Post
    Hey all, I am looking for PJs like we all had as kids. Not footy PJs but 2 piece, like pants and a top. I would like them to have some kind of print on them if possible and elastic around the wrists and ankles. I am 5'9" 156lbs with a 31" waist. Anyone have any ideas where I can find some? I would post a pic, but I can't because I am new here.
    Those kind don't seem to be as common as the footed sleepers, but I have seen them here (not a great website, unfortunately). Maybe someone else will have alternatives. Welcome to the site, by the way. You might want to say hello in the Greetings forum.

curiousitykitten

ive seen these at walmart and the disney store, mostly for women. Im sure if you wanted them bad enough you'dget them though. Sometimes you can buy the bottoms and geta cheap matching top to go wth it. One of my favorites is my hello kitty sweat pants with my tanktop with the little black skulls.

just 2 piece pajamas? or do you mean ones with feet with the pants part? I guess I didn't have the same experience you did o_O. I haven't shopped at a store for pjs in forever, but I kinda thought the 2-piece style was the norm for adults that actually wear them. Maybe more easily found in winter?

Quote Originally Posted by yanni2 View Post
    just 2 piece pajamas? or do you mean ones with feet with the pants part? I guess I didn't have the same experience you did o_O. I haven't shopped at a store for pjs in forever, but I kinda thought the 2-piece style was the norm for adults that actually wear them. Maybe more easily found in winter?

Kids 2 piece pjs are made out of a softer material, and usually have a end and a t-shirt like top with a design. They usually have a underwear-like waist and sometimes elasticated at wrists and ankles aswell.

Adults 2 piece pjs are made out of a different material, the waist is more like that on a tracksuit, and the tops generally button up for men (can't comment on womens) and have a shirt like collar. The pjs are generally either plain or striped.

So, while adult ones are also 2 piece, thy are very different.

I have about half and half of adults and kids. The kids ones are technically age 13-14 (largest size they come in) but stores seem to design for fat people so they easily fit me despite me being 2 years over the upper target age.

landsend.com has nice stuff, check your own measurements and compare it to their sizing chart.

hmm i guess i had adult style when i was a kid somehow.

i actually saw the difference at the store today inadvertantly so nevermind.
    Last edited by Iggy; 07-Aug-2009 at 05:27.

If you are on the smaller side, This place has Skivvydoodles PJs in size 18. I would have to lose large body parts to be able to wear them, but maybe you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    If you are on the smaller side, This place has Skivvydoodles PJs in size 18. I would have to lose large body parts to be able to wear them, but maybe you can.
    There size 18 looks a bit on the small side, the height is good 64" but they estimate the weight at only 110, in the past size 18 was good to 130.

I guess you could buy one and give it a shot....