Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuff about TBDl you probably didn't know

Default Stuff about TBDl you probably didn't know

http://www.quantcast.com/tbdl.org
    Found that when I was looking around the internet for the reason TBDL was down. There's also a nostalgia-inducing picture of our old homepage.

Anyway, I don't know how acurate that is, but it says that the majority of our members were female. 59% of the traffic to our site was from lurkers. And the majority of people that visited TBDL.org were were in the age group of 45-54...

... Maybe it was a good thing that we disapeared for a while.

EDIT: We were also rank 285,579, whatever that means.

But...where did those statistics come from. I mean, teens don't usually have their own internet account with an ISP, heck even I don't (it's under my 56 year old dad's...that is until i move out this summer...). Also, if it's one of those search bars that tracks your search habits, that will skew the numbers right there!

It's sad that it took me a good 5min to figure out how old my dad is....

Monkey

From the looks of things I'd say those statistics are false, especially the male to female ratio.

Apparently you missed the qualifying "We have sparse data about tbdl.org, so these are rough estimates." In other words the data is total BS and probably based on the people visiting other similar (ie having similar keywords) sites.

The female thing is totally whacked, especially when one considers the number of males vs females involved in the *BDL 'scene', and one can pretty much guarantee the rest is just as 'oddly off!'

We had a thread about this already... didn't we? Oh well. Yeah, I wouldn't believe the site at all.

Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    We had a thread about this already... didn't we? Oh well. Yeah, I wouldn't believe the site at all.
    We did, yeah. It was pressumed false then too.

Just putting it out there, guys. Don't get outraged or anything. It's more for fun than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blanch View Post
    We had a thread about this already... didn't we? Oh well.
    If you can link me to that thread, sir, then I will have this one destroyed.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 16-Jan-2008 at 00:32.

ummmm *looks for the thread, but gets lost in the intersnets.... "Ummmm, Guys?!?!?!"*

EmeraldsAndLime

*overwhelmed by graphs data*

Gah !

I'd hoped when I deferring my studies that I would have to deal with that stuff for a while. :p