Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another newbie

Default Yes, another newbie

Hi everyone

I just joined this site yesterday, but didn't have time to introduce myself. My name is Dan, and I'm a 21 year old college student in southeast Michigan. I'm a huge hockey fan and spend a lot of my days sitting around the house watching The Simpsons and doing a little retro video gaming. I also work as a sales associate in a grocery store (gag).

I have a disability known as Sensory Processing Disorder (or SPD), which can be thought of as either the highest functioning form of autism or autism's 'chatty' cousin. I just learned about this disorder early last year, which is also about the time I first looked in to the ABDL community. I have spent the last year reaching out to others with SPD and run several online support groups (and a website) for the cause.

Many children with SPD have a hard time potty training, and I was one of them. I hated the whole thing and saw no reason to give up diapers. I caved to pressure though, was trained, and have spent the last 16-17 years regretting it. I always longed to go back to wearing, but was too afraid of being laughed at and humiliated more than I had already been throughout my traumatizing early years of life.

I spent many years (as you can probably all imagine) believing I was alone in all this, and kept my fantasies to myself as best as possible, all the while wondering what was wrong with me. Well, I've spent the last few years coming to terms with the whole thing, and accepting diaper loving as a part of my own unique quirky personality.

I'm not so big on every aspect of regression, but I have always liked a good pacifier/bottle as well . For me, it's mostly about the diapers. I love wearing and I hate holding (my bladder, that is, lol).

I've already been through a lot of the process of 'coming out' though. My parents are both aware of my diaper 'issues,' and my mom has even seen me wearing them before. I wear mostly at nighttime for now, though a part of me wants to be 24/7. I just want to wait until I get a room to myself first, probably when I move out of home. I've also gotten to wear I'm at least somewhat comfortable wearing a diaper (even when wet) in public.

Well, sorry for the long intro. I am a writer, after all. From what I've seen this looks like a great community here, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Thanks again.

Welcome to ADISC... It's a great community and I'm sure you'll find yourself coming back here quite a lot

Welcome to the site. It's nice to have another Simpsons fan here. Do you have a favorite episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Palko View Post
    Welcome to the site. It's nice to have another Simpsons fan here. Do you have a favorite episode?
    Hi Palko, thanks for responding. A favorite Simpsons episode? Goodness, that's just about EVERY Simpsons episode, lol. I love 'em all... well, pretty much. I've got a ton of that show memorized. I have every season that's been released on DVD and about 30 assorted tapes in my collection (as well as, of course, the movie).

I would have to say though... hmmmm... "The Seamingly Neverending Story" episode was pretty good a couple years ago (the one where Homer is caught in that cave). Every season they have at least a couple episodes that are just about as good as their glory years episodes. I love all the 90's episodes for the most part, except some of those annoying clip shows that Fox used to have them run.

Oh, and thanks to you too Suspence, for the quick response. I know I'll love it here. I'll be around for a while I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by spddan View Post
    Hi Palko, thanks for responding. A favorite Simpsons episode? Goodness, that's just about EVERY Simpsons episode, lol. I love 'em all... well, pretty much. I've got a ton of that show memorized. I have every season that's been released on DVD and about 30 assorted tapes in my collection (as well as, of course, the movie).

I would have to say though... hmmmm... "The Seamingly Neverending Story" episode was pretty good a couple years ago (the one where Homer is caught in that cave). Every season they have at least a couple episodes that are just about as good as their glory years episodes. I love all the 90's episodes for the most part, except some of those annoying clip shows that Fox used to have them run.

Oh, and thanks to you too Suspence, for the quick response. I know I'll love it here. I'll be around for a while I'm sure.
    No problem

Yes, the Simpsons has many *B/DL-related scenes: you might peruse Popular culture thread to see if there are any we missed...
    Last edited by Raccoon; 04-Aug-2009 at 23:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Yes, the Simpsons has many *B/DL-related scenes: you might peruse Popular culture thread to see any we missed...

Sure. I'll come up with a list and post it to that thread. Do you want only references to adult diapers, or just diapers in general ('cause there are a ton of those, i would write only the best of course)?

Bart and Lisa are upgraded to first class on an airline...
    Lisa: They'll pamper us...
    Bart: *gulp*
    Lisa: Not literally of course

Barney: *loses diaper in the wind* Hey diaper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Bart and Lisa are upgraded to first class on an airline...
    Lisa: They'll pamper us...
    Bart: *gulp*
    Lisa: Not literally of course

Barney: *loses diaper in the wind* Hey diaper!!
    LOL, nice, classics. I've checked the list you guys have going over there, and I have several new ones to add.

Here are a few Grandpa ones:

-Treehouse of Horror (3 I believe):
    Bart: I have a story so scary it will make you wet your pants.
    Abe: Too late
    *everyone slides down the couch away from grandpa*

-In the Mary Poppins spoof episode:
    Sherry Bobbins: As your nanny I'll do anything from telling stories to changing diapers
    Abe: Put me down for one of each!

-In, I honestly forget which episode (lol):
    *Simpson family finishes acting something out for the purpose of tricking someone, and grandpa walks in wearing a nothing but a diaper and a stash that says "New Years Baby"*
    Lisa: Play's over grandpa, we won't be needing you anymore
    Abe: What? What the h*** are you talking about?

Other characters:
    From 'The seemingly neverending story':
    Moe: Hey, I've got a good thing going here so don't none of you booze bags mess this up for me.
    Carl: Hey, don't pigeon-hold us, we have other vices
    Lenny: I dress up like a baby!
    Moe: I swear, if one of you messes this up for me I will out the one of you that is gay. *everyone runs away*

When Homer is the Pie Man and working for Mr. Burns:
    *Smithers walks up to Homer in the park pushing a stroller*
    Smithers: Simpson, my baby would like to play patty cake with you. Now!
    *Mr. Burns is shown in the stroller, dressed up like a baby with a rattle*
    Burns: Ga Ga! Goo Goo! Your assignment.
    *at the end of scene*
    Burns: Take me for a stroll around the park, I'm feeling fussy

Ok, believe me I still have more, but I'll post those where they belong. Should I have posted this there on that thread to begin with? LOL, sorry, still a newbie

Welcome to ADISC. Where in reality no one cares about long intros. Only the short ones become shady. hope that this site can bring you valuable information about the lifestyle of *b/dlism. So what is your favorite hockey team since you did mention your high interest. Unfortunately, my favorite sport is football (see avatar). Well I guess you might be the site's Shannon Sharpe (yet another football analogy!) But yet again, welcome to the site.