Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, it's just mee.... Looks like the light of a new day.

Default Believe it or not, it's just mee.... Looks like the light of a new day.

I have to tell people about this. IN the past few months I have lost 40 pounds, I feel better, and I feel better about life in general. I had a few realizations after some small health issues and things are getting better. My work hours may suck, but I feel good.

I feel energetic, I feel better about who I am. I feel like a whole new me. I feel like the world is different. Not sure if it's the weight loss or what not, but damn, I FEEL FUCKIN' GOOD!

I haven't felt this good since I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and started my current job in '04-'05. I feel on top of the world. Sure things haven't worked out on the romance department as the girl I thought I had a chance with has a boyfriend, but BY GOD! Outside that, I feel GREAT.

I feel like that as time goes, things can get better. But I don't want to jinx it too much.

I've also been writing more and feeling better about the writings as a whole. Like tonight I've spent most of it working it. I am also writing a swan-song AB story or turning it into a series. I like what I've written so far and that's really given me confidence.

I feel like the theme song of the old 80s TV show, The Greatest American Hero. That's where the intro to this thread comes from.

Congratulations on your success! It's nice when good things happen to good people.

Good on ya man!! And don't sweat it on the romance issue... There will always be a time and place for that

Way to go 'thing!!

Don't sweat the romance. There are 6 billion people in the world, roughly half of them female. The 'new you', especially the new attitude will undoubtedly attract someone suitable in due time.

My approximate reaction to this thread:

Well done, mate.

Dude, Buckeyes season is coming up. Everybody feels like this around this time of year.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I feel like that as time goes, things can get better. But I don't want to jinx it too much.
    i sorta got that panicky feeling that you get when you think things are going too good to be true or to last, while reading your post.
    i hope you don't come down too harshly from this (seeming) mania.
    well-done, on the weight loss. now, head-down for the long haul?

Good for you wildthing, now the big trick is to keep the weight off, just don't go back to your old eating habits.

I have a bought with weight gain every now and then, the best thing you can do is keep a close eye on you weight, weigh yourself at the same time everyday, whatever is convienient, and if you see your weigh going up 2 or 3 lbs pull the plug on what your eating and try something different.( it is better if you weigh yourslef in the morning)

I started at 260 when I was 18 and in 1 year I was 130 I have been up to 150 and back down more times than I can count now for the past year I setteled at 105 and I'm very happy.

Wow! Great job!
    I have been up and down with weight in the past, peaking at 180 (I'm 5'9") and lowest at 165. I'm currently trying to slim down before the freshmen 15 (or 20 or more... ) back to 165.

Great job on the weight loss. I've been out riding my bike, trying to lose a few. I've lost a couple, but would like to lose 10 more. But good for you!